What's new

Blew right past me. Congrats to the man with the deep pockets :

Incredible, I got the razor for a over $300.00 a little over a year ago.

The Razor I picked up was in pretty good shape, And pretty Clean. Now seeing this set go for $865.00 kind of shocks me, I thought it would go over $1,200.00 ? It's still a pretty Penny at $865.00 Congrats to the winner for sure. Sets like that don't come by often.

Here is a link of mine for those interested.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-Razor-From-Deluxe-Combination-Set?highlight=

your set is a Old Type Combination DeLuxe. This auction was for a New Improved Combination DeLuxe

I had never seen that razor till now, and boy does it look good.
I'm astounded for the amount, wll, there's always someonw with more money, specially on ebay.
I lost an action at the last secon yesterday :(

these sets are not very common. I must pay for my Traveler DeLuxe set $250 - but that was 10 years ago:
(note: Combination sets comes with 2 blade boxes, Traveler with only one blade box):

Attachments

• $001 DeLuxe 1910-01.jpg
    $001 DeLuxe 1910-01.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 192
  • $001 DeLuxe 1910-03.jpg
    $001 DeLuxe 1910-03.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 190
  • $001 DeLuxe 1910-04.jpg
    $001 DeLuxe 1910-04.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 190
your set is a Old Type Combination DeLuxe. This auction was for a New Improved Combination DeLuxe

these sets are not very common. I must pay for my Traveler DeLuxe set $250 - but that was 10 years ago:
(note: Combination sets comes with 2 blade boxes, Traveler with only one blade box):

Ummm.......WOW!!!

Did you email the seller asking about provenance? Fess up, are you the buyer?!:001_unsur

Orion's Attic (Chris) runs estate sales in and around Maryland, as well as sells some stuff on eBay. I was at one of his estate sales last weekend and asked him about the razor. That's how I found out about the owner who consigned it thinking it was worthless.

Gorgeous! I don't have RAD because I live my rose gold R89 too much for my eye to wander... But this set gets me going! Just not at the prices they list for, rare or not!

Orion's Attic (Chris) runs estate sales in and around Maryland, as well as sells some stuff on eBay. I was at one of his estate sales last weekend and asked him about the razor. That's how I found out about the owner who consigned it thinking it was worthless.

+1, This guy was very pleasant and easy to work with. Plus I have a little history with the razor.

Let be go against the tide. These sets are MUCH to busy imho. Dots lines and whatnot reminds me of some India tattoo during a ceremony. But to each their own. If I ever find one it'll be on bst:thumbup:

Top Bottom