What's new

Blade Wars: Bolzano Superinox vs. Polsilver Super Iridium

I sticking with Polsilver. I just changed the one I've been using for 3 weeks not because it was spent, but for the sole reason that I wanted to try a new brand I've never used before. That was a mistake...

Shave 5
Face lathered with Proraso Red soap
blue=right side, silver=left

Pass 1 - Blue: slight resistance throughout, overall a good pass.
Silver: scratchy, pulling, and uncomfortable

Pass 2 - Blue: smooth as can be, excellent pass
Silver: very good pass - much better than the first, but not nearly as smooth as blue

Pass 3 - Blue: very, very nice - Not has heavenly as the third pass of my first shave with this blade, but pretty darn close.
Silver: It hurt. The pulling was so uncomfortable that I finished the pass with the winner of this blade war, BLUE.
This post was 4 hours ago! Have you no mercy?

Sorry about the delay. I went to the movies. Bad Moms is very funny, by the way.

the reveal

the winner between Polsilver and Bolzano

is the Smokin' Joe of DE blades....

Polsilver Super Iridium

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
You're my boy, Blue!

Really, this trial pretty much goes right along with my experience with both blades. Bolzano got off to a nice start but quickly fell off. Polsilvers start wonderful and only seem to get better for a few shaves.

I never had a doubt. Polsilver are quickly becoming my favorite blade. The excellent shave it gives combined with longevity are a tough combo to beat. I have yet to find another blade that mows through the burls on my neck in two passes the way Polsilvers can.

I never had a doubt. Polsilver are quickly becoming my favorite blade. The excellent shave it gives combined with longevity are a tough combo to beat. I have yet to find another blade that mows through the burls on my neck in two passes the way Polsilvers can.
i can see why they are becoming your favorite. They are awesome. Another thing in their favor is that a couple years ago you were lucky to find a 100-pack for under $25 - now you can get them for under $15.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I don't think Bolzanos are bad blades at all. For something really bad try Elios from the same manufacturer. Bolzanos are fine. But Polsilver is just on a whole other level. But Bolzanos are quite expensive. Actually, more expensive than Polsilvers last time I checked.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I don't think Bolzanos are bad blades at all. For something really bad try Elios from the same manufacturer. Bolzanos are fine. But Polsilver is just on a whole other level. But Bolzanos are quite expensive. Actually, more expensive than Polsilvers last time I checked.

That depends on where you shop Polsilvers on the Italian Barber are 17.99 US dollars for fifty, and they have a hundred Bolzano's for 24.99 US. The weird thing about Bolzano's for me is that they don't particularly feel to be the smoothest blade yet they give a good a shave as any blade and I don't get post irritation from them.

Top Bottom