What's new

Blade Wars: Big Ben Super Stainless vs. Rockwell

Thanks for taking the time to post these blade wars, they are great reading. I was hoping the Big Ben was going to come out on top as I have just acquired 200 of them for 7 cents a blade. At least they held their own at the start, I just won't push them past 4 shaves per blade. At less than 2 cents per shave, I think I will get my money's worth. Thanks again for the posts.

[DCRIII] sent me a very generous mailbomb which included a tuck of Rockwells. I did one shave and pitched the blade, with no intention of trying another. It wasn't the worst I've used, but it's close to the bottom of about 15 I've tried. Not even mediocre for me. Never having tried a Big Ben I'll take a chance and say Big Ben will KO Rocky in a short bout.

This isn't a reflection at all on DCRIII's gift, there are many fine blades in there, and I'm always happy to try something new. The Rockwell just didn't cut it for me.

Sorry about that Jay! I tend to give a tuck of those to anyone I give shave gear to.
I agree that Rockwell blades certainly aren't the greatest blade out there. I bought them out of pure curiosity since they were about $10 for 100. I've used 3 total. There are worse blades for sure.

Sorry about that Jay! I tend to give a tuck of those to anyone I give shave gear to.
I agree that Rockwell blades certainly aren't the greatest blade out there. I bought them out of pure curiosity since they were about $10 for 100. I've used 3 total. There are worse blades for sure.

No need to be Sorry Dave, I passed TBFH on to you so...

It's nothing like the horrible GRAFCO (TBFH) that's for sure, and even Crystal were worse. But there are a handful of top tier blades that perform wonderfully for me, so no need to waste time on a blade that's less than stellar for my skin/beard combo.

Top Bottom