What's new

Blade Biter's Tasting Notes

lasta

Blade Biter
"Heretic/Active Recruit" yeah right! That's real likely.....not! A more appropriate status would have been "Heretic extraordinaire". Active recruit my b***
Threaten Talladega Nights GIF
Hi Boris,

I understand your hesitation, but all we ask is that you at least try the best blade ever made!

If it make you feel better, GSBs have not been produced in almost 4 years now. The last batch was made when a shirtless Putin on the T-shirt was considered good taste! Any payment made will have no connection with the current regime.

PPI really does make the best razor blades (ever). It's the most well-funded blade factory and the culmination of 100 years of Gillette blade making expertise!

Hi Boris,

I understand your hesitation, but all we ask is that you at least try the best blade ever made!

If it make you feel better, GSBs have not been produced in almost 4 years now. The last batch was made when a shirtless Putin on the T-shirt was considered good taste! Any payment made will have no connection with the current regime.

PPI really does make the best razor blades (ever). It's the most well-funded blade factory and the culmination of 100 years of Gillette blade making expertise!
Well I will use up any P&G and/or Russian blades that I have left, but for personal reasons I have decided not to pursue any further ones. It is just my personal choice. It is hard because I am aware of that many of those blades are very good quality and I have tried some of them, but I have chosen not to support them going forward. As always YMMV.

lasta

Blade Biter
Well I will use up any P&G and/or Russian blades that I have left, but for personal reasons I have decided not to pursue any further ones. It is just my personal choice. It is hard because I am aware of that many of those blades are very good quality and I have tried some of them, but I have chosen not to support them going forward. As always YMMV.

That's a shame, honestly. Gillette making good blades is statistically proven!

14/20 of what I consider "best" blades are Gillette/P&G related. Of the 6 non-Gillettes, only two are still produced!

Without Gillette, one can shave a lifetime of beard growth without ever tasting anything better than second tier.

1710158621433.png

That's a shame, honestly. Gillette making good blades is statistically proven!

14/20 of what I consider "best" blades are Gillette/P&G related. Of the 6 non-Gillettes, only two are still produced!

Without Gillette, one can shave a lifetime of beard growth without ever tasting anything better than second tier.

View attachment 1810516
Here are my top 7 blades so far in my short journey (little over a year) and any of these can be my lifetime blade. I do have some Astra Greens, that is why they are on the list. Remember I am the "Blade Agnostic". I have not met a blade yet that I cannot use. Even though not on the list I have no problem with getting a weeks worth of shaves with the Derby Extra even. Most blades have an excellent longevity and are plenty sharp. I have no lack of alternatives. I am certainly not suffering. 😁 I know that Gillette makes good blades there is no doubt about that.

1710159061911.png

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
This is exactly my point. We are so different when it comes to what we can use, what we prefer etc etc etc. One blade works great for someone and another it is horrible. You look at mine and @lasta 's lists and they are nothing alike and that is ok and perfectly normal in this type of activity. It is very subjective by nature it seems. 👍
Quick, we need a diversion here! 😆

R.gif

This is exactly my point. We are so different when it comes to what we can use, what we prefer etc etc etc. One blade works great for someone and another it is horrible. You look at mine and @lasta 's lists and they are nothing alike and that is ok and perfectly normal in this type of activity. It is very subjective by nature it seems. 👍
Don't accept a PIF from Uncle Eric, thats how they get your info and next thing you know, you're on the BBQ grill!

@blethenstrom - Dorco Titans for the win! Probably my most favourite blade next to KCG.

Nice list with some blades I haven’t tried before.

We need to get you some Tiger Platinum blades!

Heretic out.
Dorco Titans are great blades and actually I like all the Dorco blades. I have one Tiger platinum that I got with my Greencult GC 1.1 razor. It will be up in about two weeks. I will give you the full report. 👍

Well I will use up any P&G and/or Russian blades that I have left...
I'm with ya on that one. I have enough blades to last me until I forget how to shave and that's without buying anymore that are of Russian manufacture.👍👍
Actually, let me clarify...I like my GSBs etc and I know a number of my other blades are of Russian origin and I quite like them as well...I'm just not going to buy any more that are made in Russia...it's a Ukrainian thing.

1NFt.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom