What's new

Blackland Vector - Polished version

Alright, it's time for an update and some initial thoughts after using the Vector SS for 6 shaves.

In general, when it comes to shaving, I prefer a mild razor with sharp blades, shaving every other day, not necessarily going for a complete bbs, but focusing on comfort and avoiding any skin damage.

Out of the 6 shaves, 5 were with the KAI Pro Touch Guard blades and 1 with the KAI Captain Titan Mild. Spoiler alert: I noticed a difference between these blades, and the KAI Pro Touch blades are exactly what I need.

There's not much more to say. Some people find the Vector aggressive, while others don't. Some use it every day, while others prefer it less frequently. Everyone is different, and the razor's aggressiveness depends on the blades used. I was concerned that even with the mildest blades, the Vector might still feel aggressive to me based on what I read in various threads and forums.

So far, all my shaves with the Vector have been the best experiences in my "wet shaving career". For me, it's the most successful, efficient, beautiful, and comfortable safety razor. It provides excellent feedback during shaving and doesn't harm the skin at all. Achieving a close shave is effortless, with just 2 passes and some touch-ups on the neck.

The most interesting part, and what surprises me the most, is that after every shave with Vector, alcohol-based aftershaves feel like water on the skin. It's simply amazing, something I've never experienced before.

In conclusion, I must say hats off to Shane and all the @Blackland Razors team! After 3+ years of wet-shaving and trying over 50+ safety razors, I've finally found the perfect one for me.

vector-view.jpg

@GlazedBoker
Gus, have you shaved with both polished and non-polished? I think you said you had 2 Vectors, right?

Yes, I did at one time. I sold them both then recently re-acquired a machined finish one a couple moths back. To me, the difference is negligible between the polished and non-polished version. Skin feel were pretty much the same in my experience. A good, well hydrated and slick lather helps in mitigating the smoothness factor significantly in my experience. Others have said that the polished version reduces the slight feeling of drag over the machined one and others have said they’re identical in feel with no advantage being offered from one against the other. I might give the polished version the slightest of edges on smoothness but, it’s really a toss up.

Top Bottom