What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

First shave went down flawlessly. Perma-Sharp and Stirling w Beeswax soap. No nicks or weepers and only 2 passes for ultra-smooth results. From Sasquatch to dolphin with little effort.

The BB is one of maybe four razors I own that always deliver the "Wow!" reaction with regards to efficiency. I just stand before the mirror rubbing my face like, what just happened?
So far, so good. One for the books, judge scores it 4.5 out of 5. :thumbsup:
Great to hear

Brush: RV “Pug Style” @Rudy Vey 26mm DG B15
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Soap: GD “After the Fire” 🔥 Aion Maxima
Razor: Tibird

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

💯🥇

IMG_4177.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Well I’ve been coveting a 101mm polished Titanium handle for my TiBird for what seems like years. Shane was reluctant at first to offer these due to his belief that demand was insufficient. I am so glad he relented to the ‘beggers’ among us and offered these.

My TiBird is now complete.

Thanks again, @Blackland Razors Shane! You’re the best in the business.
IMG_4220.jpeg

Fourth shave with the Vector loaded with a Feather Pro. (2). Best shave yet. Very comfortable. I’m starting to find the angle now. I really rode the cap heavily today. The handle was about 75 degrees to face. I felt strange to ride the cap so much but I think I need to. 45 degrees felt scrappy. Maybe because the head doesn’t bend the AC blade.

Well I’ve been coveting a 101mm polished Titanium handle for my TiBird for what seems like years. Shane was reluctant at first to offer these due to his belief that demand was insufficient. I am so glad he relented to the ‘beggers’ among us and offered these.

Thanks again, @Blackland Razors Shane! You’re the best in the business.View attachment 1846373
Looks great. I’m very tempted to get one of these.

Thanks again, @Blackland Razors Shane! You’re the best in the business.View attachment 1846373
Now if we could just get him to do the longer handle in the machined Ti finish!! I know I'm asking for too much but I don't like shiney nor the Satin finish....

@Tomo , when you say”steep” and “75 degrees,” is the cap or the safety bar mostly on your skin?
“Riding the cap”. I would normally think of this as a shallow angle in reference to the blade. Shane corrected this in a video where he calls riding the cap a steep angle with reference to the handle. Coming from straight razors I’m most comfortable with blades as flat as possible to the skin. The increased blade exposure of the Feather Super seems to facilitate this better. Looking at the angle on my hand, I don’t think the safety bar is even touching the skin most of the time.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thank you for that. Lurv their Blackberry and covet their Vector, but I’ll keep calling booping a safety bar “steep” and cap surfing “shallow.”

“Riding the cap”. I would normally think of this as a shallow angle in reference to the blade. Shane corrected this in a video where he calls riding the cap a steep angle with reference to the handle. Coming from straight razors I’m most comfortable with blades as flat as possible to the skin. The increased blade exposure of the Feather Super seems to facilitate this better. Looking at the angle on my hand, I don’t think the safety bar is even touching the skin most of the time.
:hand:
1715815904333.png

Back on the Blackbird this week and another perfect shave. I think that I slightly prefer this one to the Vector. Both shave great but the BB seems to sit nicer the hand nicer. I like the balance and dual sided nature of it. I was thinking about the Ti version but I actually quite like the heft of the stainless. The Vector is a bit too light. I’m not sure that I’d want the Blackbird to be any lighter.

Top Bottom