What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

IMG_4170.png
IMG_4171.png
Congrats Doug! Is that titanium?
Also just bought this on DFS.

Never been used, just put in display case.

Just had my first shave with my new polished SS Blackbird. I bought both the Lite and Original plates. The Lite was comfortable but less efficient than I’d like. The original plate is a battle axe. Delivered a beautiful BBS in three passes. Admittedly, it left me with three small weepers and some irritation, but I’m sure this is more about my inexperienced technique than anything else. I look forward to many more shaves with it over time. It’s a razor worthy of its reputation.

Just had my first shave with my new polished SS Blackbird. I bought both the Lite and Original plates. The Lite was comfortable but less efficient than I’d like. The original plate is a battle axe. Delivered a beautiful BBS in three passes. Admittedly, it left me with three small weepers and some irritation, but I’m sure this is more about my inexperienced technique than anything else. I look forward to many more shaves with it over time. It’s a razor worthy of its reputation.
No pics, Teutonblade? :crying:

First shave with the SS Vector after a stretch on the SS Blackbird. Good shave right off the bat. Will no doubt dial it in more as the week goes by. I went with the Feather Pro’s to start. I’ll give these a few days and then see how the Supers go. I’m coming around to the idea of more blade feel.

In an effort to reduce mid-week shave time, I went with a synthetic brush and face lathered cream. I’d normally go badger and lather bowl but this saves clean up time.

Great razor but the Blackbird is a tough act to follow.

IMG_2102.jpeg

First shave with the SS Vector after a stretch on the SS Blackbird. Good shave right off the bat. Will no doubt dial it in more as the week goes by. I went with the Feather Pro’s to start. I’ll give these a few days and then see how the Supers go. I’m coming around to the idea of more blade feel.

In an effort to reduce mid-week shave time, I went with a synthetic brush and face lathered cream. I’d normally go badger and lather bowl but this saves clean up time.

Great razor but the Blackbird is a tough act to follow.

View attachment 1844666

Congrats! I have a similar setup that I use as a daily driver. As a matter of fact, I used mine this morning (as shown below). The Vector provides a great shave and wonderful shaving experience. I love mine.

IMG_2252.jpeg

Congrats! I have a similar setup that I use as a daily driver. As a matter of fact, I used mine this morning (as shown below). The Vector provides a great shave and wonderful shaving experience. I love mine.

View attachment 1845316
Nice. My second shave with the Vector was better than the first. I’m still adjusting to the light weight and balance point further back from the head.

I just bit the bullet and ordered the matching stand from the states. I also have some Schick Prolines inbound. They seem to be a popular blade choice for this razor.

Gorgeous... congrats Doug!

I received my Ti today. A bit of a glitch on the shipping last week but all is well in the end. Hat tip to Shane @Blackland Razors for the followup.

View attachment 1845717

I have 3 day's growth saved up in anticipation of this badboy. 👍
Congratulations my friend, if you have never had one before you are going to love it, the best blade to use in it is a Perma Sharp

Congratulations my friend, if you have never had one before you are going to love it, the best blade to use in it is a Perma Sharp

Per your advise, I have a Perma-Sharp preloaded. As for owning the BB, I've played musical chairs Blackbird style.

My first was a Ti machined which I always regretted selling. Then a satin ti which I sold due to a bit of drag/skip sensation. Next a polished SS which I still have and love except for the weight... very smooth shaving. Then I tried another Satin Ti and guess what, same result. I know, right? 🤣
I can imagine Shane looking at my order history and scratching his noggin in bafflement.

Then he announced the Ti Polished recently and my brain says, "This could be your non-drag, perfect weight Goldilocks BB!"
Sold the satin to help fund the polished so here I am. Who knows, you may see the polished Ti in the BST in a couple weeks. 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully, you'll see the SS version there instead. Wish me luck.

Per your advise, I have a Perma-Sharp preloaded. As for owning the BB, I've played musical chairs Blackbird style.

My first was a Ti machined which I always regretted selling. Then a satin ti which I sold due to a bit of drag/skip sensation. Next a polished SS which I still have and love except for the weight... very smooth shaving. Then I tried another Satin Ti and guess what, same result. I know, right? 🤣
I can imagine Shane looking at my order history and scratching his noggin in bafflement.

Then he announced the Ti Polished recently and my brain says, "This could be your non-drag, perfect weight Goldilocks BB!"
Sold the satin to help fund the polished so here I am. Who knows, you may see the polished Ti in the BST in a couple weeks. 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully, you'll see the SS version there instead. Wish me luck.
Good luck

First shave went down flawlessly. Perma-Sharp and Stirling w Beeswax soap. No nicks or weepers and only 2 passes for ultra-smooth results. From Sasquatch to dolphin with little effort.

The BB is one of maybe four razors I own that always deliver the "Wow!" reaction with regards to efficiency. I just stand before the mirror rubbing my face like, what just happened?
So far, so good. One for the books, judge scores it 4.5 out of 5. :thumbsup:

Third shave with the Vector. Fresh Feather Pro blade. I’m starting to get tuned into this razor now. Resisting the urge to follow up the initial stroke has lead to an extremely comfortable and close shave. I also rinsed the head more frequently this time. You have to trust this razor. If the angle is good, it gets the job done on the first swipe.

Top Bottom