What's new

Blackland adjustable?

This phenomenon is also known as "Stiction" and in my experience with the Henson Ti +++
I found it to be a feature and not a bug.

With the Blackbird OG, for instance, I did not experience any drag but it stands to reason that a polished
Blackbird will meet less resistance from skin and glide smoother (hence no/less drag).
I did experience the drag on my TI Bird, but it resolved itself by using a bit of steeper angle (just a tad). I honestly didn't care for the drag at the time, but this is no longer an issue with the slight angle adjustment.

If it wasn't cutting well/at all, 1) his angle was waaaay off, 2) he ran it at a setting too low for him, 3) it was crass behavior.
I saw that as his therapy with forced 1) and 2) with max 3) with intent to belittle the competition under the pretense of objectivity with the goal to calm the crying of his inner petulant child (=ego).

I find entertaining value in it ... in the same way as court jesters and fools were entertaining.

$560 Machined Osprey
$660 Polished Osprey

Not cheap by any stretch but, there are razors going for $1000 plus and ARE NOT adjustable & NOT Titanium.

I suspected the machined Ti to be in the 5 Benny's range and a polished version for more. You might think it's super expensive but, this just could be a relative bargain in the Uber high end prices of luxury/performance razors category.

It's on....

$560 Machined Osprey
$660 Polished Osprey

Not cheap by any stretch but, there are razors going for $1000 plus and ARE NOT adjustable & NOT Titanium.

I suspected the machined Ti to be in the 5 Benny's range and a polished version for more. You might think it's super expensive but, this just could be a relative bargain in the Uber high end prices of luxury/performance razors category.

It's on....
Looking forward to reading your reviews sir! 😃🤙

$560 Machined Osprey
$660 Polished Osprey

It's on....
Agreed. I love my Sailors, but the Osprey is ridiculously easy/smooth and efficient. My personal preference would be if it started about the #3 setting, but as it is I can't see too many folks being unhappy with the performance- unless one found the style, or length to be an issue. If one wanted more weight, it would not be overly difficult to thread a tungsten rod.

Khm khm ...
It's cheaper as Muramasa Ti

Yes in the US, unfortunately for Europeans I fear it is the other way around after shipment costs, duties and VAT are applied. But in all earnest the comparison is not really fair. Muramasa Ti is not really available. As far as I know that version was a limited one time run made last year. Perhaps it will be another ... or not. Price of unobtainium product is ???

P.s. When anybody mentions Muramasa Ti I just instinctively start to wonder if Tatara is making it again. And then I am disapointed when I check and see that it is not.

Last edited:
Khm khm ...

Yes in the US, unfortunately for Europeans I fear it is the other way around after shipment costs, duties and VAT are applied. But in all earnest the comparison is not really fair. Muramasa Ti is not really available. As far as I know that version was a limited one time run made last year. Perhaps it will be another ... or not. Price of unobtainium product is ???

P.s. When anybody mentions Muramasa Ti I just instinctively start to wonder if Tatara is making it again? And then I am disapointed when I check and see that it is not.
I may sell my Muramasa Ti if Osprey Ti is so good as it looks like. Still not sure what to do with Taiga Ti.. 🤣

Somewhat ironically, the only razor with which I've ever experienced "stiction" is <drumroll please> ...... the Rex Ambassador. That thing was like using a squeegee in front of a ice scraper. Of course, as always, an exuberant YMMV. I know some Ambassador owners for whom that is a ride or die razor.

Somewhat ironically, the only razor with which I've ever experienced "stiction" is <drumroll please> ...... the Rex Ambassador. That thing was like using a squeegee in front of a ice scraper. Of course, as always, an exuberant YMMV. I know some Ambassador owners for whom that is a ride or die razor.
I have the Rex Ambassador. Yes you can get some suction from the top cap if the lather consistency is not correct. This applies to all polished razors in my opinion.
Bead blasted or machined finished top caps don't get this effect.
I don't ride the cap with this razor like I do with e.g. my Black Bird razors.

Not sure if it’s worth it to step up to titanium for that price difference. We’re hitting stratospheric prices for high end razors. Unthinkable 5 years ago. I do want to try an Osprey

Done. Now the wait.

Quick note Gents. If your interested in the pre-order, use the coupon code from the newsletter to save about $100 or thereabouts but, one must purchase the razor & stand combo for the code to be effective.

Example: Polished Ti Osprey $660.00
Polished Ti Stand. $95.00
Total. $755.00
15% Discount. $641.75

I know, it's a stretch just to save almost $20 on the razor itself but, it would look so nice in a shiny razor stand!!!! 😍

Congrats to those who procured one. :thumbup1:

One more thing. The Hi-Visibility option is a no go at the moment for the Ti Osprey. Bummer. I'll survive....

4-5, blade-dependant. 3, quick & nasty.
Hi, Tomas1870: I agree with you on the Kai blades. I find the Muramasa a bit blade picky, despite the adjustability. Took me a while to note that the Kai blades work really well. The extra rigidity of the blade maybe? I find that a setting just under 4 works perfectly for me for daily shaving. 4 was fine for every two days. 5 left me a bit 'rare'.

I have a Konsul in machine finish and I also find it a bit sticky when I ride too close to the cap. Have you messed with your angle to accommodate?

Yes, I am one of those people who considers the Blackbird the best modern razor available.
So my solution to an adjustable Blackland razor was to just add the Blackbird lite to my other Blackbird standard TI razor.
Having two complete razors ticks the adjustable razor box for me.
I'm playing with a bunch of razors (and having a good deal of fun doing so), but honestly, if you gave me a BB Ti Lite with a few hundred Israeli red blades and a BB Ti OC with a couple of 250 packs of Wizamets, I think I'd be good for quite some time.

Top Bottom