What's new

bestshave.net How are they?

I've ordered from them several times, and have always been surprised at how quickly things arrive. Their #6 "horsehair" brushes (I'm convinced that they're boar, and only marketed as horse for religious reasons) are wonderful 'stocking stuffers'. I use mine as much as any other brush. They're probably the most bang-for-the-buck in the shaving world.

What I like most, though, is the hand-made nature of both the brushes and the cardboard boxes they ship in. I have a mental image of a true 'back-yard' business. They're obviously working hard for pennies, yet still throw in an occasional stick of Arko.

I might add besides likeing the brushes, I use a #6 as my daily user and love it, for the price they make excellent cleaning items for many uses. Perfect for detailing the interior or your car, use it on the vents, ect., or cleaning firearms and getting into all the nooks and cranies.

Just a tip for the masses out there.

Also very friendly folks as I E-Mailed them regarding the recent earth quakes and how things were. Received a very informative and friendly E-Mail back.

Last edited:
+1 on the 3 weeks. That seems to be the magic number. Time from order to ship sometimes takes a few days too. Besides that, great products and prices that cannot be beat. I just placed another order for a couple hundred Astra SP's and Arko to try. Good stuff.

Just to be curious, you always get your stuff delivered to your home in the US/EU? Never got stuck at customs? How does Customs charge you any import tax?

They only "catch" is the possible longer wait as it ships from Turkey and must go through customs. Otherwise, they are good to go.

I bought 300 Shark brand blades through BestShave.net for $22 with free shipping. It took three weeks because they came from Turkey but it was a hell of a deal, and their customer service was great.

I am humored by the fact that some folks believe that the laws of physics should be overthrown for shipping razor blades.

My last order took only 11 days from order to delivery all the way to my igloo here in Canada.

Actually I think it might be good for you lucky Americans to step away from your efficient next day delivery from time to time and experience some world class wait times that bring with them the gift of anticipation.

Last edited:
I put an order in on 3/18. It took 7 days for it to reach customs in NY. So they are pretty quick to ship. Prices are definitely very good. I paid with Paypal and no issues so far. Waiting for the package to clear customs is the hard part.

I placed 2 orders on 3/9 and stilll have yet to see it, it's sitting in customs in NYC :censored:
Never had that issue when placing orders @ Connaught in the UK. Needless to say, I'll never order from there again.

I placed 2 orders on 3/9 and stilll have yet to see it, it's sitting in customs in NYC :censored:
Never had that issue when placing orders @ Connaught in the UK. Needless to say, I'll never order from there again.

My last order from Connaught was quite the opposite. They got the package out the day after my order. It went from the UK to customs in NY in a day. It sat in customs for two weeks. I can't fault the seller especially if they ship the order out next day.

Why hold the problem with Customs against a Vendor?

Your problem is with U.S. customs, not with BestShave.

But then I guess you need to blame somebody.

As the others have said, that it got caught up in customs has nothing to do with the vendor. Senseless for you to hold it against them.

- Mark

Top Bottom