What's new

Best of the "blue" aftershaves

Can I ask why you say definitely not to myrsol?
Is it the price? I haven't tried it obviously but I can't understand the 35 price point.
It just doesn't have any linger to it. Lasts maybe a few hours, 4 tops. Floid has a nicer scent profile. AV has a great price and nicer scent.

Now i haven't tried that OS swagger, that looks interesting.

It just doesn't have any linger to it. Lasts maybe a few hours, 4 tops.

4 hours? For the blue, I'd say closer to 4 minutes! I'd really like to try their Blue cologne. The thing that I like about the Myrsol Blue is, it's freshness in a bottle, but I'd really like it to stick around longer and have a little more presence.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Tried aqua velva today. Sorry guys. Gross. Smell from bottle was nice. Application was fine nice mild burn. Then the old man smell overtook me. By the time I was in the car and at work the dry down went from old man to old grandmother. Can't do it.

Hope ice blue is better for me. That's on the way.

For me Barrister's Reserve Cool (a Floid Blue knockoff) is the best of the blues. I also enjoy vintage Aqua Velva Ice Blue, but the modern version is not as nice.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Tried aqua velva today. Sorry guys. Gross. Smell from bottle was nice. Application was fine nice mild burn. Then the old man smell overtook me. By the time I was in the car and at work the dry down went from old man to old grandmother. Can't do it.

Hope ice blue is better for me. That's on the way.

Ice sport was the new stuff. That I works for me. Nice mild flavor. No old lady powdered scent there.

Since AV is the only blue I have tried, I can't offer much of an opinion other than, I think AV was pretty long lasting.

I need to cast a vote for B&M Cool. My first ever B&M product but I find it effective and strangely intoxicating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I need to cast a vote for B&M Cool. My first ever B&M product but I find it effective and strangely intoxicating.

I used 4711 tonight and couldn't help but see it's blue too. It seems against the Aqua Velva / Floïd vibe if this thread but I really love the scent and feel.

I used 4711 tonight and couldn't help but see it's blue too. It seems against the Aqua Velva / Floïd vibe if this thread but I really love the scent and feel.

I PIF'd my 4711 only because I couldn't smell it five minutes after I applied it. Very mild and pleasant. Tonight, for example, I'm still sniffing the scent of the non-blue Chatillon Lux aftershave I enlisted this morning, which is one reason this producer is my favorite. I need some longevity, though many don't.

I have been using Nivea 2 phase the last few days and it is quite nice. A slight menthol kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AV Blue has to be a favorite of mine. A couple of years ago, I tried it for the first time. Don't have any excuse as to why it took me until my late 50's to try it, but it did. The scent seemed very familiar, but I couldn't place it. About the third usage, it hit me. This was what my father used. It hit me like a ton of bricks. He passed away in 1980, but that scent was in my memory. Now, my father and I were not very close, but I can appreciate his taste in after shave. AV Blue is in my rotation, and when I use it I always try to remember a good memory of him.

Top Bottom