What's new

Best non-alcoholic aftershave?

Alcohol based aftershave triggers migraines somehow. Same with a lot of colognes. I use Truefitt & Hill 1805 and i love it. Though it doesn't stay (the smell), it's soothing as hell though.

Any other nice, soothing ones alcohol free with a nice, gentle scent?
Thanks!

boosters lime has a crap load of alcohol.

and dude, be real, it sucks. Cheap. Color. Fake smell. and on.

YMMV. Nothing directed atcha personally.

the gentlemens refinery aftershave balm is the best balm I have tried. It really lives up to its hype. From what I understand, the standard is supposed to have a scent, but I can't detect much of one.

Alcohol based aftershave triggers migraines somehow. Same with a lot of colognes. I use Truefitt & Hill 1805 and i love it. Though it doesn't stay (the smell), it's soothing as hell though.

Any other nice, soothing ones alcohol free with a nice, gentle scent?
Thanks!

I watched an old Penn & Teller episode of Bullsh!t last night. Apparently the chemicals released into the body during and after sex helps prevent migraines. Soooooo.... :ladysman: --> :biggrin: --> :20: --> :angel: --> no more headaches!

The Lucky Tiger After Shave/Face Tonic is good stuff. No alcohol, lots of witch hazel, aloe and chamomille. Great aftershave and nice citrusy scent.

boosters lime has a crap load of alcohol.

and dude, be real, it sucks. Cheap. Color. Fake smell. and on.

YMMV. nothin directed atcha personally.

I don't get the nice burn when I use it so I assumed it did not have alcohol.

I bought the Boosters on a whim and recommendations of others. Will I purchase it again? Probably not. But I have it and use it on occaison. As always YMMV!

L'Occitane Cade ASB is really good.

I've been using T&H West Indian Lime and like it a lot, too. Consider the 1805. It's not cheap, but it will last a LONG time and you know you like the scent! :w00t:

I've got some stuff I mixed up myself using mostly cheap drugstore witch hazel with a blend of essential oils added for scent and texture. I put the mix in one of those travel pump-spray bottles and it makes an excellent body spray/cologne/aftershave. In fact, last night I had a little irritation on my neck and used it. The red went right away. Among the several oils I used in the blend are peppermint and clove. The peppermint oil and clove work together to give it a slight burning/cooling sensation similar to the menthol in Aqua Velva. :velva2:

I suffer from anachrostalgia---not a longing for the way things were, but rather for how they should have been.

Off topic, but I have to say that I find this quote from your sig actually quite clever.

That's all.

Thinking a little more about it, wouldn't anachronostalgia be even better than anachrostalgia? That way you have the complete Greek word chronos (time) in there.

Thinking a little more about it, wouldn't anachronostalgia be even better than anachrostalgia? That way you have the complete Greek word chronos (time) in there.

I thought long and hard on that same thought, but then I realized that you can, in fact, overthink a thing. I finally settled on anachrostalgia for ease of pronunciation.

Top Bottom