What's new

Best drugstore aftershave?

@
Proraso GREEN is the only commercial aftershave that I am aware of, that is pure Eucalyptus based with menthol in it, just as its shave soap base is, although I feel it has a bit too much camphor in it, but thats just my opinion lol.

The only other aftershave that I am aware of that has Eucalyptus in it, is artisan brand Captains Choice Eucalyptus...

The only thing is, it has no menthol in it that I'm aware of. But thats an easy solution to solve. Go to Stirling and pick up yourself a bottle of frost drops, then apply 10 drops into the bottle, shake it up to mix, and I bet that will be just the right amount to mentholate it nicely for you.

Thanks for the information. Never heard of frost drops. :laugh:

Any recommendations for something similar to Proraso Green aftershave lotion (splash)?

I love the menthol feel and like scent. I'm running low on it. Runs about $30-40 to buy another barbershop bottle of it off the 'bay.

I don't like overly scented after shaves. Something light and menthol is my jam.
Gillette Artic Ice splash - it also has eucalyptus oil in it and smells very nice and fresh, even better than green Proraso for me. No menthol though although it's labelled Artic Ice haha.
Best aftershave from drugstore topic is highly dependent and relative from where are you located - in place where I live some of my favs are Brion, Tobacco and Old Spice Classic. Which are pretty unknown (beside Old Spice) to people from USA and other European countries. On the other hand, you can't buy Aqua Velva or Skin Bracer in the better part of the Europe which are staples in USA supermarkets.

Last edited:
Aqua Velva Ice Sport. I found this in a Wegmens in PA (USA), just over my DE/PA border. Wegman’s isn’t a drugstore, but I feel it loosely meets the criteria here. I was OK with it, but my wife seemed to compliment me more often when I was wearing it...Go figure. I haven’t found it since.

Sincerely,
Always run flat out and never lift,
Al

PS - However much you deny the truth, the truth goes on existing. - George Orwell

Duke Cannon After-Shave Balm. Reminds me of Aramis 900 After Shave Soother from many years ago. Aramis hasn't sold it for years and the 900 that is sold today is quite different from what it was.

This one is quite nice and very cheap in Europe, less than 3€. If I remember correctly, it has similar smell than Jack Daniels Fire ;)

proxy.php

proxy.php

If your looking for an soothing aftershave, and can be found at Walgreen drug stores, there is nothing better IMO, then Duke Cannon Ice aftershave balm with menthol. Its a thick balm, goes on super smooth, soothes razor burn, moisturizes the skin. Its menthol content is low, so it will give you a cooling sensation, but without going crazy. It has a lovely sandalwood scent that isn't too strong, but it does seem to last all day for me, so its superb. Overall, I highly recommend it, because IMO, I feel, that its the best aftershave balm out there. My review bellow...

Very good aftershave. I got mine at our Publix supermarket.

Another vote for Skin Bracer! I like and use AV Ice Sport too, but there’s just something about the sweetness in Skin Bracer that really like. Co e to think of it, it’s about time to replenish my stock.

Top Bottom