What's new

Best drugstore aftershave?

AV Ice Blue. Cooling, soothing, and (due to the glycerin content, I think) I never need to use an ASB when I use it. The scent is nice. Not what you would expect from a mentholated A/S. Kind of a dialed-back version of the AV Musk.

From drugstores the aftershave I like is Old Spice Original.

Nivea Sensitive is my balm when i use balm.

I also use Thayer's Witch Hazel but don't think of it as drugstore like the classics Old Spice, Brut, English Leather, Aqua Velva and the gone but not forgotten Hai Karate.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
proxy.php

If your looking for an soothing aftershave, and can be found at Walgreen drug stores, there is nothing better IMO, then Duke Cannon Ice aftershave balm with menthol. Its a thick balm, goes on super smooth, soothes razor burn, moisturizes the skin. Its menthol content is low, so it will give you a cooling sensation, but without going crazy. It has a lovely sandalwood scent that isn't too strong, but it does seem to last all day for me, so its superb. Overall, I highly recommend it, because IMO, I feel, that its the best aftershave balm out there. My review bellow...

Just about any Clubman aftershave is good or Aqua Velva, as a teenager it was English leather musk. Don’t know if they still make it. And I probably wouldn’t want to use it either.

Any recommendations for something similar to Proraso Green aftershave lotion (splash)?

I love the menthol feel and like scent. I'm running low on it. Runs about $30-40 to buy another barbershop bottle of it off the 'bay.

I don't like overly scented after shaves. Something light and menthol is my jam.

Any recommendations for something similar to Proraso Green aftershave lotion (splash)?

I love the menthol feel and like scent. I'm running low on it. Runs about $30-40 to buy another barbershop bottle of it off the 'bay.

I don't like overly scented after shaves. Something light and menthol is my jam.
I'm sure @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker would like this one. We are menthol fanatics but he has way more experience than me 👍.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Proraso GREEN is the only commercial aftershave that I am aware of, that is pure Eucalyptus based with menthol in it, just as its shave soap base is, although I feel it has a bit too much camphor in it, but thats just my opinion lol.

The only other aftershave that I am aware of that has Eucalyptus in it, is artisan brand Captains Choice Eucalyptus...

1709310542769.png

The only thing is, it has no menthol in it that I'm aware of. But thats an easy solution to solve. Go to Stirling and pick up yourself a bottle of frost drops, then apply 10 drops into the bottle, shake it up to mix, and I bet that will be just the right amount to mentholate it nicely for you.

1709310839834.png

Top Bottom