What's new

Best "cheap" fountain pen for a 14 year old?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Nemosine makes some nice, inexpensive pens with some great nib options too.

Another great suggestion. I have the Ltd Fission which has a heavy metal body which was about $28.00 with shipping and I have the plastic Fission on the way which is like their Singularity model for about the price of a Pilot Metro.

I'm a fountain pen noob, but I have the Lamy Safari. It's a nice pen that seems tough and able to take a little abuse. Were I buying a first pen for my son, it would be Safari.

+1 on the Pilot Metropolitan recommendation.

They come in all sorts of colors but the weight and feel of the pen body as well as the smooth writing nibs make them great pens -- whether you are a first-time user or seasoned veteran. Costing between $15-20 it won't break the bank if your son doesn't take to it or something happens to it.

Good luck!
+2 on this!

Good as the Lamy Safari is, the Lamy Nexx series may be more appealing, IMO. Same Lamy nib, but more contemporary design for the intended user's demographic.

Oh boy, I'd get him a kaweco sport. They are cool. Yes, he's larger than I, but posted this pen isn't hard to hold, and if you eye dropper it, its really something!

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1423509898494.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1423509898494.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 61
I have traveled a lot with fountain pens, and I haven't been gentle with some. Never had major disasters. A few drops of ink in the cap or on the nib at most. Have some tissues handy.

Top Bottom