What's new

Best baseball player name, EVER!

Hugh Ambrose "Eeyah" Jennings, Nellie Fox, Boojum Wilson, Chippy Britt, Charles "Ol' Hoss" Radbourne, "Turkey Mike" Donlin, "Shoeless Joe" Jackson, "Wahoo" Sam Crawford, "Vicious Vic" Harris, "Mule" Suttles, "The Yankee Clipper".

Has anyone read "The Tumult and the Shouting" by Grantland Rice? He is responsible for a lot of nicknames of famous athletes and teams.

Richard

While he may not be my favorite player, I always thought the name Rollie Fingers was kind of cool.

Growing up in Detroit, I was fond of Mark "The Bird" Fidrych. Again, not my favorite player, but a cool nickname.

Albert Walter "Sparky" Lyle

Osborne Earl "Ozzie" Smith better known as "The Wizard of Oz" - best damn shortstop I ever saw!

Wilver Dornell "Willie" Stargell. My all-time favorite. The late 70s was a great time for Pittsburgh sports (even though everything else in the region was going to... ---------)

Wilver Dornell "Willie" Stargell. My all-time favorite. The late 70s was a great time for Pittsburgh sports (even though everything else in the region was going to... ---------)

Yea, you Morgantown boys are Pirate fans but the Huntington crowd goes for the Red Legs. How about Tom "Terrific" Seaver.

Bucky "F__king" Dent has been a long-time favorite of mine.

Wasn't Dave Kingman's nickname "Kong?" Any Met fans here?

Rollie Fingers (Pitcher)

Luis Tiant (another pitcher, I always liked his name, and that little spin move he did before the delivery)

While he may not be my favorite player, I always thought the name Rollie Fingers was kind of cool.

Growing up in Detroit, I was fond of Mark "The Bird" Fidrych. Again, not my favorite player, but a cool nickname.

oh man, you beat me to Rollie..

and the Bird! man that takes me back..

Top Bottom