What's new

Benchmade Service

Not long ago I purchased a Benchmade 940 Osborne from Brother @djmillard at a great price (Thank you sir!). It had some issues, thus the great price - the lockup was pretty loose and the detent was weak. This morning I drove down to the Benchmade factory (about 30min away) and took the Osborne to the repair shop there.

Wow, I guess in the 15 years since I was there last they built a Factory Store! Now that's where you take your knife for repair and sharpening, which is an improvement from the last time I took a knife for service there - I just wandered around the office cubes while I waited. Now I can stand around and check out knives I can't afford :)

There were two other guys there, one getting some engraved Bugouts for his spades team and another guy with a knife for sharpening.

1704497546318.png

1704497591432.png

1704497640202.png

1704497785487.png

This was the little service window for knife repairs and sharpening. I stood there for about 10 seconds before Marta opened the window, greeted me warmly then squirreled my knife away.

1704497735708.png

Less than 10 minutes later the window opened again and Marta called me over. There was my knife, completely tuned and locking up like Fort Knox. She also reprofiled the edge and sharpened it, all for free! I tried to tip her but she wouldn't take it. Then I asked her to marry me and she turned me down. :)

While I was able to get out of there without spending $600 on an heirloom auto, I did splurge on a Benchmade 940 assembly matt. lol.

1704498121756.png

If you've been considering a Benchmade, go for it. You won't be disappointed with the knife or the service. I don't have too many benchmade knives but they are definitely some of my favorites in my collection. Thank you Daniel @djmillard!!

I have a few benchmade knives. I really like them. I'm a fixed blade kinda guy, but I have a buddy that's all about folders. He's got a whack of different knives of all different makes. He's a fan of carbon and black coated blades so he picked up a few bugouts and swapped the S90v blade over the basic bugout and put the coated one on a carbon handle and gave me the one with S90v.

I also picked up a mini-Adamas with CPM-Cruwear at a steep discount since he found something else he 'had to have'.

I have a few benchmade knives. I really like them. I'm a fixed blade kinda guy, but I have a buddy that's all about folders. He's got a whack of different knives of all different makes. He's a fan of carbon and black coated blades so he picked up a few bugouts and swapped the S90v blade over the basic bugout and put the coated one on a carbon handle and gave me the one with S90v.

I also picked up a mini-Adamas with CPM-Cruwear at a steep discount since he found something else he 'had to have'.

CPM-Cruwear, nice!! I've been curious about that steel. Your buddy is a good buddy to have :)

Ha! Yes he is a good friend to have @flask28. His impulse buys seem to work out favorably for me at some point!

I've been eying the Anonimus for some time, but I'm not sold on how thin the handle is. It didn't feel bad, but it also didn't feel all that great.

I've been eying the Anonimus for some time, but I'm not sold on how thin the handle is. It didn't feel bad, but it also didn't feel all that great.

You are right, it's sort of a funny in-between size. It's a middle ground between belt knife and bushcraft knife.

1704581850579.png

They did a great job with that handle though. It's very G10 Busse-ish. You have good taste sir.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I have a couple of Benchmades and like them. I have two Benchmade 940. But I tried to buy that special Benchmade 940 with a premium steel and black handles, purchased them twice and sent them back twice because of different issues.

Still have a Presidio for longer than I can remember. Never have had any problems with it. Sadly the more recent Benchmades have not shown the same level of overall quality. Came really close to buying a new Benchmade Claymore recently. Compared to the new Microtech Makora. I'm thinking there is more bang for the buck with Microtech gear.
Makora is on the way....
IMG_5961.jpeg

Still have a Presidio for longer than I can remember. Never have had any problems with it. Sadly the more recent Benchmades have not shown the same level of overall quality. Came really close to buying a new Benchmade Claymore recently. Compared to the new Microtech Makora. I'm thinking there is more bang for the buck with Microtech gear.
Makora is on the way....View attachment 1792199

That's fantastic! I agree, when it comes to automatics it's hard to beat MicroTech. I had a LUDT for about a month before I lost it :(. This was decades ago and I still wonder where it went.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I've owned a number of Gerber/BaliSong/Benchmades over the years. I had a really nice set of kitchen knives from them and one day I was doing some prep and snap my knife broke just ahead of the handle. I called them up and they said send it in with a letter explaining things. (Pre-Internet...:001_rolle)

Rather then send me a new knife out of stock they carefully removed the handle scales from my old knife, made a new blade, and reinstalled the scales on it. Then they sent it back, all for free.

Love their stuff, old and new. I very much wish I'd discovered the Nestucca before they went away -- I really wanted one of those when I finally found out about them!

O.H.

Yeah. My Presidio has acquitted itself well over the years.
IMG_0327.jpeg

But I believe Microtech these days has the edge (pun intended).

IMG_5984.jpeg

Top Bottom