What's new

Beer

I still always have a "old school" beer in the fridge. I drink only bottles. Currently I have four different beers in the fridge. The old school two are Pabst and Genne cream ale. The cream ale is good beer for a bigger brewery beer.

I live in se pa. so the two micro brews I have in the fridge are Stoudt's Gold lager and Victory Prima Pils.

Friends are always stopping by so I usually have a few refreshments on hand.

I am 40 years old and have drank a lot of different beers in my life, Schlitz, PBR, Schaeffer, Schmidts, Black Label, Hamms, Yuengling, Red White and Blue, Rolling Rock, Blatz, Piels, Old Mil, tons of the Miller High Life, you name it I drank most of them.

Now days a lot these old school beers are brewed by Heilman brewing co.
My two favs are PBR and Genne Cream in bottles.

But 80% of the time I drink brew from either Victory brewing co., from Downingtown, PA., or Stoudt's brewery from Adamstown, PA.

I like beer, too. I am working on a six of regular Michelob and it is quite tasty.

I wish I could get some old-time Falstaff or Ballantine ale or Carling Black Label or ....

Tim

How about some Iron City, Rolling Rock, National Bohemian, Schmidts or Falls City?

Can you guess where I grew up?

Rolling Rock is some good stuff. I think the Benedictines near Latrobe had something to do with the creation of that beer (since the monks that founded the Abbey there come to the US from Bavaria).

When I have the money, and the time (that's the hard part with 3 kids), I like to homebrew or drink micro/craft brews. I also like to drink the "classic" national brews like Schlitz, PBR, Olympia (when I can find it), or Texas beers like Pearl, Lonestar, or Shiner. I've really only met a few beers I didn't like.

Guys...guys...if you HAVE to drink something 'cheap' buy something that tastes good. Maybe a summit EPA or something like that. I'm not sure if I could even choke down a bud anymore. Maybe, in a pickle I could have some PBR...

Everyone in this thread needs to find this book and read it:

proxy.php

What more people need to realize that what we now consider the "cheap" beers are actually high quality beer made by companies that just never really had the marketign dollars behind them like the big three do.

I currently have on hand:

Schaffer
PBR
Strohs
Genny Cream Ale
Old Milwaukee

I haven't see those since my college and post college days. Stroh's was not bad, in fact it was pretty good. Whatever happened to Narragansett?

How about some Iron City, Rolling Rock, National Bohemian, Schmidts or Falls City?

Can you guess where I grew up?

Rolling Rock was bought out eventually the rights to the name were sold to Anheuser Busch which promptly deemed the Latrobe brewery as excess to production and shifted Rolling Rock to the Newark, NJ plant. Haven't you noticed it doesn't taste the same? BTW my understanding is that Sam Adams is now made at the old Rolling Rock Brewery.

I keep coming back to Schlitz.

proxy.php

Real Gusto roughly translates to Royal Taste. :biggrin:

If I never see, taste or smell anything Old Milwaukee related in my life, it would be too soon. Too many nights in small town taverns drinking OM and eating pickled foods. :eek:

Carling Black Label! I had a few of those one night and well, never again. The gas produced by that brew was a vile mixture of rotten eggs, sulfur, and skunk.

A beer I enjoy that is cheap is Miller Light. Thats about as cheap as I will go now.(Ill sometimes buy a 30 pack of busch light for my friends. They love that stuff.)

I pretty much only buy micro brews now. There is a store called Brennens in Madison that you can create your own six pack for $7.99 and they have about 150 different types of micro brews. Its really the way to go.

Top Bottom