What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

You’re not wrong, Boris. And that’s why slicing food with a st00pid sharp AEB-L blade is the prescription-free wonder drug that prepares the starches or sugars that will also be consumed as a drug.
Heck when I was a kid we had saving account rates that were above inflation. That was also the time when banks could not lend out money that they did not have. Oh times have certainly changed.

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR2 1.15 OC
Rubie 2
Shavemac D01 Silvertip 24/50
1000005799.jpg

Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

Everything combined a great shave today. I did shave daily with this razor for quite a few months but today it really felt like the efficiency has crept up. Maybe I need to lighten my touch after shaving with mild razors recently. The alum and aftershave feedback was still within acceptable limits but there was more than the last 2 weeks.

This working notice before a being kicked to the curb is getting old. Its been 4 weeks so far and I have 8 weeks to go. I am still delivering my in flight projects and have transferred a few to other guys. I went to the office today and man it was a bummer. The first 4 weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster. Shock and worry had been replaced with determination and hope and now I am transitioning to a sort of sadness and screw them 🤣. I have a meeting on Monday with my placement service and really have to get cracking on my certifications. I have already planned a mental health day tomorrow and cleared all of my meetings 🍻. The weather is supposed to be nice 16C and sunny, maybe some yard work will set me straight!

Cheers!

Shock and worry had been replaced with determination and hope and now I am transitioning to a sort of sadness and screw them 🤣. I have a meeting on Monday with my placement service and really have to get cracking on my certifications. I have already planned a mental health day tomorrow and cleared all of my meetings 🍻. The weather is supposed to be nice 16C and sunny, maybe some yard work will set me straight!
As you know all this is normal as to what you're going through and experiencing. It's hard but try to relax. The mental health day is an excellent idea. Things are gonna shake out for you. You have a certain set of skills (where have we heard that before?) which are going to do well for you. But do get those certifications done! Trust in yourself and keep an eye out for what's going on in your industry and related ones as well. You're going to be fine and do well.

1690325087099.gif

BADABOOM!

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .74 OC
Rubie 3
Semogue LE Silvertip
1000005813.jpg

Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

I love this brush every time I use it!! I couldn't wait for Semogue Saturday. The Murphy and McNeil Kodiak base may be one of my favourites. Its right up there with Macduffs for me. As much as I like theose 2 artisans they still don't really compare to the cost/performance ratio of Tabac for me. I like mass produced soaps too!

Tomorrow I take my eldest son suit shopping. He is looking for his wedding suit so it should be fun. If we don't find anything locally we will venture to downtown Toronto next weekend!

Cheers.

The financial instruments we used to have take our minds off the pain-free limbs we used to have.
You know...I work out 4 times a week, eat right and still everything hurts. Not fond of aging...finally get to a point where accumulated wisdom and smarts make life easier except it hurts doing everyday life things. I guess it could be worse but I like complaining every now and then. At my age I've earned it. And what's up with hair growing places it never used to? Except where I want...like on top of my head? I have to trim the hair in my EARS! I never had to do that for decades...now I do.
I'm not asking to be as able as I was in my 20s, 30s, 40s, or even my 50s. It would be nice not to have all those sounds we make when we stand up, sit down, get up in the morning, go up the stairs and I don't mean the sounds our decaying bodies make I mean the grunts and groans that just happen when we do normal things.
We just got one of those "Sauna Bags" that use infra-red to heat up and get you to sweat out toxins etc. It does help with the soreness and aches. My wife is using it right now...so she's "In the bag", after an hour she'll be "completely bagged".
BADABOOM! It's nice to be "in the bag" and not wake up wondering where the hell you are...or how you got there.

giphy-35.gif

You know...I work out 4 times a week, eat right and still everything hurts. Not fond of aging...
I watched Mother of the Bride with the LOTH earlier this evening. Fun movie without any pretentiousness. But in it is Benjamin Brad. He is 61 and still looking chiselled. Very annoying to say the least. So I ate myself through some oreos and liquorice to numb the feelings. But I am definitely going to do attack that belly fat of mine. It seems like it suddenly was there in February!

I watched Mother of the Bride with the LOTH earlier this evening. Fun movie without any pretentiousness. But in it is Benjamin Brad. He is 61 and still looking chiselled. Very annoying to say the least. So I ate myself through some oreos and liquorice to numb the feelings. But I am definitely going to do attack that belly fat of mine. It seems like it suddenly was there in February!
Yeah, he's got a lot of time to work out etc etc. Which we don't tend to have. Besides I'm sure he watches everything he eats like a hawk and honestly, what fun is that?

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Rubie 4
Semogue TSN Finest
1000005826.jpg

Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

I haven't used this brush much but I think it is starting to get a bit softer. It was still a different experience compared to yesterday's Semogue Silvertip. This is not quite as dense, but I would say the backbone is the same. My thought is the finest hair being stiffer does not require the density the Silvertip does to achieve the same backbone. The brushes I have out for rotation all begin with S, except for my sole Paladin. I think I may do a 2 week rotation of Simpsons, then a 2 week Shavemac, rotation followed by a 2 week Semogue rotation and see if there are more I can put into storage and a possible sale later on.

Wedding Suit shopping was successful. My son wanted to go to downtown Toronto, but I was dreading that because I don't want to travel back 50km to pick the suit up after alterations. We compromised and hit up a suit shop in our local mall. I had worked at this shop when I was in college so I even secured an alumni discount and free alterations! I haven't worked there for 35 years, but its still the same owner and there are still 2 of the staff I knew working there today. Lol, I didn't hit them up for a job, but who knows what the future holds 🤣. At least now the owner wouldn't give me grief about not shaving considering my new hobby. Hmm, maybe I could pitch him to carry some gentlemen's shaving accoutrements 😄.

Cheers!

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Rubie 5
Paladin Contributor's Brush
1000005839.jpg

Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

I enjoyed my shave today after spending 3 hours watching Avatar The Way of Water this afternoon. It was a bit of a grey day to start so we had a Sunday afternoon movie session. By the time the movie was over the sun had come out. I mentioned in the Blade Bonanza thread that this Rubie performs a bit differently that the Rubie Plus for me. If I were able to stock up on the Rubie Plus I would, but I do not feel pressed to add any of the newer Rubies to my stash. This is only a 3 shave blade for me and I pushed it to 5 and todays shave bordered on a bit harsh. It reminded me of the 7 O'clock yellows quite a bit.

It looks like we had a successful Mother's Day today, even though it was a bit weird. Dinner was DimSum and Sushi, both of my wife's favourites and we may even watch an episode or 2 of Gilmore Girls tonight 🤣. Its the least I could do after an action packed Avatar afternoon 🤣.

Cheers!

I mentioned in the Blade Bonanza thread that this Rubie performs a bit differently that the Rubie Plus for me. If I were able to stock up on the Rubie Plus I would, but I do not feel pressed to add any of the newer Rubies to my stash.
+1

we may even watch an episode or 2 of Gilmore Girls tonight 🤣
:001_wub: We watched all seasons again when Netflix started streaming then including the follow on series. I like the series!

Top Bottom