What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

Hi Andrew, a lot has happened the past little while...but at least here on B&B, I can still feel your humorous side shine through. Keep up the positivity!

I'm in middle of a lay-off myself, so I can understand the feeling of uncertainty.

Maybe I'll even find myself back in Canada. We could arrange our first real-life cult meet-up!
Man that sucks about the layoff. Are you closer to retirement than I am?

Hey if you do come back to Canada a real life cult meet up will happen! 🙂

lasta

Blade Biter
Man that sucks about the layoff. Are you closer to retirement than I am?

Hey if you do come back to Canada a real life cult meet up will happen! 🙂

No no, these bones are still young!

If we do the cult meet up, it will be like this (we certainly have enough people now):
OIP-C.jpg

And Boris the Heretic will be in the centre.

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
Crann Bethadh Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Rubie Plus 3
Shavemac D01 Silvertip 24/50
1000005702.jpg

Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

It was a really good shave today, but I have some re-learning to do after using creams for a month. I may have an issue with this soap. I will give it a go again tomorrow. The soap felt warm on my face but there was no redness and the warmth dissipated as quickly as the lather removal. I double checked the ingredients and there is no menthol and they are really similar to ingredients in other soaps I have used without issue. I will dig through a few more previously used soaps, but so far the only outliers are Kokum butter, duck fat and Tussah silk. Maybe its buried under the Fragrance ingredient, but I have used the aftershave numerous times without issue 🤷‍♂️.

Cheers!

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave skipped
Crann Bethadh Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Rubie Plus 3
TSN LE Mistura
1000005714.jpg

4/5 Uncomfortable BBS

RATS!! I think I do not get along with this soap. The second pass was more than warm today, it was on the lower end of sting but still sting none the less. I don't get a rash or redness so I may keep muscling through this soap for a few more days to see if I get used to it. Lol, I know it doesn't make sense but I really want to like this soap and I do not want to ditch on the soap of the month guys. I enjoy the fragrance but I think that may be culprit.

I meant to post this yesterday but I was pressed for time. In settling my mother's affairs I have met with some really stellar individuals. The funeral director I met with was lovely. I mentioned about how tough April has been, getting laid off, my mother's passing and musing out loud maybe its the universe's way to tell me I need a change. I asked her about her job, and opined on why I think it would be a fulfilling job being there to help people in a time of need instead of filling corporate coffers for nameless shareholders. She thought I could be a natural for that type of work and said if I wanted to try it, she would find a spot for me 🙂. The other person I met was a personal banker so we were discussing her job and her enjoyment of it and she recommended it, if I was looking for a career change. 🙂

My reason for telling these 2 stories is no matter how bad life looks, world conflict, personal loss you can always find kindness in sometimes the weirdest places. There are good people in this world ( and this forum ) who will help build you up and show you the road to hope 🙂.

Cheers!

Good news on the doors opening.

The story about the funeral home director reminded me of when my Aunt passed away at Baptist Hospital in Oxford Mississippi. When we realized she passed it was late at night, after 9 pm, and we had to wait on the county corner, which was an elected position. He just so happened to be the funeral home director, which I found humorous and he was quite the character. I start joking with him and he comes back with it, we are having a good ole time to the point where he says to come back sometimes and have some drinks half-jokingly. Haha. Oxford is 10+ hours away, that's a long way for a drink.

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Crann Bethadh Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Rubie Plus 5
Shavemac D01 22/46
1000005727.jpg

Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

I tried another Murphy and McNeil soap today and had no issues. It's the Kodiak base with bear fat, but the other ingredients are the same, so it must be the fragrance oils in the Crann Bethadh that are getting me. 😒 I will pass it on to my boys and hopefully it doesn't bother them.

Today was quiet and I think tonight will be a movie night. I have to recharge and tweak my resume tomorrow. I scheduled a meeting with one of my company's vendors tomorrow to see what job opportunities they have. I have a good relationship with the managers I am meeting with on Monday. Their employees have been talking me up and I am going the extra mile to help them on a project we are working on together so keep your fingers crossed 🤞.

Cheers!

Top Bottom