What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Twenty Nine
Tabac
WR1 .74 OC
KCG MIC (1)
Shavemac D01 Silvertip 22/46
1000005576.jpg

Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

Thanks @lasta @Alum Ladd and @JKaboom !! I appreciate the support. I did feel odd mentioning what is going on in personal life but it was really helpful to type it out, a weight was lifted from my shoulders. Some of my post about my mother made it in to the obituary. I did edit out the shaving stuff, because the public may think I am a little nuts 🤣. My sister is flying in on Tuesday and funeral arrangements are made for next Friday. It will be good to see my sister, even under these circumstances. I have found that I am closer to my sister as I have gotten older.

Today was the first time I used a KCG MIC blade. I have a stash of PPI KCG blades I haven't used yet also. I think its a decent blade and one that I would use again if they weren't so darned expensive and if I didn't have a pile of 2800 blades needing to be used!

Cheers!

Last edited:
SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Twenty Nine
Tabac
WR1 .74 OC
KCG MIC (1)
Shavemac D01 Silvertip 24/50
1000005588.jpg

I had a nice comfortable shave today even though it was a bit rushed. I really enjoy this brush. I will use my original 24/50 tomorrow because I think my older versions are a bit denser and softer. I know Simpsons brushes get knocked around a bit for batch variance but being a natural product, I think Shavemacs vary a bit too.

Cheers.

Andrew, I have been away for a few days, and am just catching up on what I've missed. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, yet heartened to hear you handling it with such grace. As for the career, I sincerely hope the dark skies brighten for you soon.
Thanks Al, I appreciate your kind words and support. Life isn't always a straight line and there are challenges and detours along the way. I am starting to wonder if this might be a bit of a wake up call, that my career was not all that I am or all that I am put on this planet to do and who really knows how much time we have left?

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Twenty Nine
Tabac
WR1 .74 OC
KCG MIC (3)
OG Shavemac D01 Silvertip 24/50
1000005600.jpg

I had touched on the Shavemac batch variation on my previous post, but this shave confirmed. Using my original version of the brush it was noticeably denser and softer than the newer one I just purchased as the configurator was closing. The newer brush is no slouch mind you but I think the orginals have the je ne sais quoi that the new ones are lacking 🙂.

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Body Shop Aloe and Maca
RR Irish Countryside
WR1 .74 OC
KCG MIC (4)
Chubby 1 Super
1000005612.jpg

Today was a comfortable shave, but barely so. The KCG MIC is a 3 shave blade for me. Alum and aftershave feedback was right up to the cusp of being acceptable. I am going through my soap samples this month and I thought I would DR Harris a rest and try my Body Shop Aloe and Maca root. I think this might perform better than the DR Harris. It lathered really well and was able to handle a lot of water. I might try to push it a bit more tomorrow. The slickness was pretty good too. It has a mild and pleasing scent also.

My sister arrived last night to help out with getting my mother's affairs dealt with. Its really nice to have her here. I do find I can let myself grieve a little more now that I have back up. We spent most of the day catching up. My wife comments, that my sister and I seem to have our own secret language of understanding when it comes to finishing each other's thoughts, jokes and such. 🤣

Cheers.

Top Bottom