What's new

B&B, Movember & YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What to do.....just got into a relationship with a woman waaaaaay out of my league (meaning she's in a much higher league,) not sure how she'd take it.

I say I'm gonna grow one. If I MO up and she comes back, she's mine. But if I MO up and she bolts, then it was never meant to be.

Awesome! That's a great attitude. If she's a keeper she'll understand that you're doing it for a good cause. My girlfriend would never let me grow a mo outside of Movember.

-Andy

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Just don't forget to join here to help raise funds.

What are some fundraising ideas you guys have?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Hey Gents,

The team is growing, we have 11 members on day 1 so far.

Tomorrow night I am going to post some fund raising ideas. If anyone has some good ideas of their own please share them. Since this is the first year I have done this all ideas are welcome.

As a PC survivor, I can't say no to this challenge. Growing and in my case, improving my moustache is a cakewalk compared to the challenges of facing any form of cancer. From one who has been there, a heart-felt thank you to all of you who join this challange.

I'm in! Probably the best I'll do is one shapeless biker stache. But it's been a couple decades since I had one, so I might be surprised.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
This is what your donations to Movember will help fund.

MEN’S HEALTH PARTNERS AND PROGRAMS WE FUND

PROSTATE CANCER FOUNDATION
The Prostate Cancer Foundation uses the money raised by Movember to fund research that is accelerating the discovery of better treatments and ultimately a cure for prostate cancer.

LIVESTRONG
LIVESTRONG uses the money raised by Movember to fund programs that address the unmet needs of male cancer survivors. This will be a comprehensive, national program with local components that will help men navigate the best treatment option, support them through treatment and help their quality of life post treatment.

MOVEMBER FOUNDATION
The Movember Foundation uses the money raised to fund two programs: an awareness and education program that significantly increases the understanding and reduces the stigmas of the health risks that men face, and Movember’s Global Action Plan that accelerates key outcomes in prostate cancer research by facilitating global research collaboration projects.

Come on guys...If I can do it so can you... this coming from a Cancer survivor... Pony up !!!!!

And Scott are we supposed to post some pics in this thread at the start.... you will really look about 12 with that fuzz gone

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Here are a few ideas taken from the Movember home page. The sky is the limit, be creative and lets see if each team member can raise at least $200.00.

• Set yourself a fundraising goal, for example $200, and create a list of who you will ask for a donation. The best way to kick off your fundraising campaign is by making a donation to yourself.

• Facebook post or Tweet

• Head to our Facebook Page and use the Adopt a Mo application and ask your friends to adopt you for a month [coming soon].

• You’ll probably need to send a few emails and posts with progress pictures to prove you are doing Movember, so aim to start fundraising the first week of Movember.

• Ask your company if they dollar match – it’s an easy way to double your efforts.

• Ask a business that you support to support you - your local coffee shop, restaurant or bar, doctor, hairstylist, dry cleaner, etc.
  • Send a personal thank you to everyone who donates to you.
  • Get the ladies involved! Mo Sistas are great with fundraising ideas.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Come on guys...If I can do it so can you... this coming from a Cancer survivor... Pony up !!!!!

And Scott are we supposed to post some pics in this thread at the start.... you will really look about 12 with that fuzz gone

I think Brian we should post them on the B&B Movember home page. It would help add some life to it.

What do ya'll think?

I'm in with a few mates from back home. I take it I can't be part of two teams!?

Either way, what a fabulous month! :thumbup:

Loving all the guys signing up - we have donations coming in already! Woo!

Its not too late for more people to sign up, either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom