What's new

B&B LE Handmade End Grain Cutting Board Group Buy** CLOSED****

I was shocked to get a delivery, on Labor Day. Last USPS delivery from the same area of Illinois, took over 10 days. The parcel was stuck in a town 1 hour outside of NYC. When i called USPS to find out why, their explanation was that they wont release the trailer, until it was 100% full. This one took 2 days.

The board is beautiful and substantial. I had hoped to have the Japanese knife at the same time, but it will have to wait.

$Cutting Board.JPG

The Milk shake machine is a commercial Hamilton Beach (1960's) from my grandparents coffee shop. Blender is my Vitamix.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I see a Vitamix, Milkshake machine, and a coffee maker. All of these near a wonderful cutting board. Do I win?

Will break it in this weekend. Meanwhile...

Attachments

• $B&B LE Handmade End Grain Cutting Board-1.jpg
    $B&B LE Handmade End Grain Cutting Board-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 116
  • $B&B LE Handmade End Grain Cutting Board-2.jpg
    $B&B LE Handmade End Grain Cutting Board-2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 115

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Will break it in this weekend. Meanwhile...

Beautiful! :001_tt1:

What are the dimension of your board, Steve?

I just ordered one just like it, only different. :w00t:

After emailing back and forth with James, I have him making mine 18" by 12". It will have rounded edges and oak handles with walnut plugs.
My kitchen has quarter sawn oak cabinetry with small, square walnut inlays in the corners of the cabinet doors. I think this cutting board will make a fabulous and useful addition to my kitchen. James has been an absolute pleasure to do business with.

Last edited:
It's the original board, but with handles instead of rail feet. 12 1/8" x 20 1/8" x almost 2 1/4" not counting the handles. (That's an 18" steel rule on the board.) James was thoughtful enough to color code the handles to distinguish the two sides, which is why I posted two pictures.

Last edited:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
It's the original board, but with handles instead of rail feet. 12 1/8" x 20 1/8" x almost 2 1/4". James was thoughtful enough to color code the handles to distinguish the two sides, which is why I posted two pictures.

James told me about how he was using the characteristics of the walnut to do that when making the handles. I thought it was a really cool idea. In the end though, I decided that oak handles would show up better on my mainly deep green countertop.

I'll have to come up with a different way to tell the meat from the vegetable side. :001_unsur

Top Bottom