What's new

B&B is a unique experience. Moderators and organizers should take pride.

I, a fellow newcomer, also agree. What a great place! Reading threads has now split my nightly videogaming time in half. Half for reading about things my wife doesn't understand, and half about playing games my wife doesn't understand. It's my self-indulgent time of the evening.

I love that we just gently chide and post jokes and link to videos and reassure the member that it's ok instead of flaming the user over and over and over again. I mean how hard would it be for other forums to do this? Nevermind, we wouldn't be special anymore!:badger:

On some forums the most common response is "Do a search. That question has been answered a thousand times." I have not seen that response on B&B yet.
Josh

Couldn't agree more with OP. B&B really is very different from any other online forum I've been on. Still in my noob-ish days here but its the one forum that I've wanted to stay on at, and actually contribute to. So a big thanks to everyone on B&B.

Most other forums (esp the tech forums for some reason) tend to be a case of everyone wanting to get one up on someone else. Or people asking the OP if he knows what Google is. It just gets tiresome.

I wonder why the B&B community is so different when compared to other online communities? Of course the moderators do a great job. In addition to the excellent stewardship of the moderators and advice of veterans, I think its also the hobby in itself that attracts a certain kind of people... People who are more mature, calm, zen (even) and helpful in general. Thoughts?

New user here as well; discovered the forum when I bought my first DE setup a month ago and have gotten tons of good advice and information here. I will be donating after Christmas

Cheers from Toronto!

Top Bottom