What's new

Auguri cream from Al's Shaving products

Just ordered a Tub of Auguri cream from Al's Shaving products. It's a limited edition scent, but sounded like just what I was looking for. To para-phrase the ingredients:
Oriental scent that include vanilla as the central note. Notes of lemon, geranium and ylang ylang are interlaced with the spiciness of ginger, black pepper, vanilla, cinnamon and coumarine in a background of patchouli and rosewood. I have Al's Bodega so I believe the cream quality will be good. As far as the scent goes I took a shot in the dark because the ingredients sound amazingly intriguing. Should be a light, complex scent with a Vanilla base. Could very well change my top five! Just saying. I'll follow up with a review after I receive and use the cream.
We already have a winner with Stone Cottage. For me, the Almond Flower is my #1 from SC. This cream could be another.

Mikey

Will do. May be mid-April because we are off on a cruise vacation from 4/1 - 4/10. For all the Brown Leafs out there, the destination is ... you guessed it ... Cuba. And I do enjoy a great cigar:bayrum2:

Mikey

Just received my tub of Al's Auguri cream and had the chance to get one shave in.
Here's what I found:

1. Cream texture: Medium softness (similar to Stone Cottage Spiced Myrrh).
2.Lather: Used an Almond sized amount of cream for bowl lathering. I don't know if I had too much water, but I had to add more cream to get a better lather because the lather faded a bit during the second pass. I did get three passes & touch-up. I would say use more cream than the normal almond size dop and play with the ratio.
3. Slickness: Was sufficient for a comfortable shave. Not as slick as some other creams I use (T&H, SJOL, C&E).
4. Face Feel: No irritation and cream residue washed off easily.
5. Scent: Scent was a mild, pleasant, floral scent. No vanilla really came across as a dominant note.
6. Shave Quality: Can't complain. I achieved a DFS.

Compared to other creams I use often:
Truefitt & Hill, C&E, or St James Of London: No comparison to these creams.
Stone Cottage Almond Flower. I would rate it below Stone Cottage creams.
Price points being equal, I would choose the Stone Cottage Almond Flower over this cream.
Hardware used:
1948 Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Silver Blue
Omega 6214 Silvertip
Process: Bowl lathered.

As I stated, this was my 1st try with this cream. I'll give it some more tries, adjusting the cream/water ratio. So, please take this 1st review with a grain of salt. Not really a bad cream, but would not be in my top tier of creams.

Mikey

Just received my tub of Al's Auguri cream and had the chance to get one shave in.
Here's what I found:

1. Cream texture: Medium softness (similar to Stone Cottage Spiced Myrrh).
2.Lather: Used an Almond sized amount of cream for bowl lathering. I don't know if I had too much water, but I had to add more cream to get a better lather because the lather faded a bit during the second pass. I did get three passes & touch-up. I would say use more cream than the normal almond size dop and play with the ratio.
3. Slickness: Was sufficient for a comfortable shave. Not as slick as some other creams I use (T&H, SJOL, C&E).
4. Face Feel: No irritation and cream residue washed off easily.
5. Scent: Scent was a mild, pleasant, floral scent. No vanilla really came across as a dominant note.
6. Shave Quality: Can't complain. I achieved a DFS.

Compared to other creams I use often:
Truefitt & Hill, C&E, or St James Of London: No comparison to these creams.
Stone Cottage Almond Flower. I would rate it below Stone Cottage creams.
Price points being equal, I would choose the Stone Cottage Almond Flower over this cream.
Hardware used:
1948 Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Silver Blue
Omega 6214 Silvertip
Process: Bowl lathered.

As I stated, this was my 1st try with this cream. I'll give it some more tries, adjusting the cream/water ratio. So, please take this 1st review with a grain of salt. Not really a bad cream, but would not be in my top tier of creams.

Mikey
Revision of first post:
Just used Al's Auguri cream for a second shave.
Same hardware as before.
Used more cream (a little larger than the almond dop) and less water.
The lather was very rich and thick. Easily 3 passes and touch up with cream left over (I used too much).
Slickness was really good. Post shave feel very good. A little better the a DFS, but not BBS.
Scent is light and very pleasing.
I now rate it closer to being on par with Stone Cottage.
Cream/water ratio is the same as SC Spiced Myrrh.
The tub size is smaller than SC so, I believe you will get more shaves from SC.
My rating of this cream is higher than my first review. It's a very good cream.
I would still buy the SC before this cream.
I would buy this cream again and, because the tub size is small, use it for travel.

Mikey

good review, thanks!
From my limited experience, Al makes some nice shave products.
Good cream performance.
Most unique element, IMO, is his creative blend of scents and eagerness to customize.

als shave cream bay vetiver rooney ikon oss st johns bay rum october 7 2015.jpg

I agree. It is a limited sent edition so I don't know how long Sl will have it for sale. It does have a very pleasing sent and produces a very good weather. I also use L's bodega which is a nice, again for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pardon Siri she got some of the words mixed up, oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom