What's new

Auction Site Find... This is Funny!

I had to share this when I saw it. I can't remember but I think we aren't allowed to link directly to auction sites. Suffice it to say, this is marketed as "Shave Ready" and is apparently a "George Wostenholm & Son" from "France" on a very popular auction site. Gents I know we have all seen some doozies on the auction sites, but this is definitely top 5 of the craziest ones that I've seen. I get it, people advertise as shave ready without really knowing because other auctions do... but c'mon.

Of course, at least the seller isn't listing at $60.00 with half the blade chipped off. But still... I don't see anyone wanting this. Image attached (and if you want to read the full description you probably know how to look for it).
***.jpg

One of my favorites was a listing of a razor
with two large rat bite sized chips in the blade,
and unremarkable well worn scales.

Listed as
Condition: Needs new blade

Hot Damn, I've got the ultra RARE NOS Bengall in that style ..... minus scales

1-IMG_20230924_144342~2.jpg

Seriously, I live and breathe outside the box, thus, this extremely RARE NOS Bengal [minus scales] is a utility knife, damn good edge, no flex, has been copper plated ten times, had the tang and grip area heated red hot a stainless loop silver soddah'd on and not there now, has sliced my fingers three times, goes round corners well no flex.

OK, to put it for sale? na! A: I don't sell, B: I would be embarrassed to even ask for postage if i gave it away!

One day I will look for ''old stuff'' and make a fortune because I've never seen it before, no one else has either therefore it must be worth a mint :D

To be honest, I’ve been thinking to make a new thread only to post these “findings”.

Here’s what I found earlier this week, for which the seller was expecting a high price:

IMG_6854.jpeg
IMG_6853.jpeg

Top Bottom