What's new

ATT, Weber, Ikons, Merkurs. OH MY.

I've spent... bought, sold and traded... for who knows how many DE razors.

I recently bought the Cobra and really, really enjoyed it. So, I thought I'd give my other SE's another spin. In the past, they really didn't work for me. They felt overly aggressive and made my skin raw.

Let's just say that my DE's... the $200 ATT, the $75 Webers, the countless Gillettes, Merkurs... are all now collecting dust.

I'm finding the SE's shave much more comfortably now. I love the thicker blades and the entire experience.

CVS brand blades are the only blades that I have available to me. Is it worth checking out the stainless SE variety? I believe the CVS are carbon? I would really appreciate a simple breakdown of blades available. I've read the sticky but could really use a basic breakdown. I know there are stainless and carbon blades? PTFE? How do they relate and which brands carry them?

Thank you guys and consider me a full time LOSER for now :)

Thank you. I've read a portion of it but I'm looking for a simplified breakdown. That's a lot of reading to do :)

IE:

Stainless: Tedpella PTFE, etc.
Carbon: CVS, etc.

Appreciate it though!

I've spent... bought, sold and traded... for who knows how many DE razors.

I recently bought the Cobra and really, really enjoyed it. So, I thought I'd give my other SE's another spin. In the past, they really didn't work for me. They felt overly aggressive and made my skin raw.

Let's just say that my DE's... the $200 ATT, the $75 Webers, the countless Gillettes, Merkurs... are all now collecting dust.

I'm finding the SE's shave much more comfortably now. I love the thicker blades and the entire experience.

(snip)

Thank you guys and consider me a full time LOSER for now :)
You've made the first step. The Cobra itself it rather special, but even the most ordinary of Injector SEs are also special, themselves. I like the Gs & Is myself. Not all of my DEs collect dust. Even through 20 years of Sensors and shave gels, I had a Slim Adjustable in the toothbrush holder, for squaring off my sideburns, which the flexing blades and pivoting heads seemed to do a poorer job with.

Regular SEs don't take the right angle for that use, and the closer it is to time for a haircut, the less capable of doing the job are the various Injectors, so these days, the goto sideburn shortener is the regular length Black Beauty, for me.

I use the PTFE blades available from Connaught Shaving which are great blades and relatively cheap. Remember reading somewhere that shipping to the US is reasonable too.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I use the PTFE blades available from Connaught Shaving which are great blades and relatively cheap. Remember reading somewhere that shipping to the US is reasonable too.
Reasonable in price and shipping speed. You can get the 10 blade dispensers as well as bulk.

Top Bottom