What's new

Atelier Durdan Vestige

I find the standard Personna coared GEM blade superbly comfortable and it may be the best blade I’ve used in any format - for me, anyway. I don’t feel it is any disadvantage for GEM razors if there are few other options and I doubt I will ever try any other GEM blade.
It seems like most that try GEM end up liking them best. Something about it's specific thickness just works! Amazing how they got lost along the way. I guess the 2 sided DE along with Gillette's marketing destroyed anything else that was out there. And funny that in the end, Gillette carts ended up being single edge blades.
Ever since I first tried the GEM, it ended up being the best for my face and injector's a close #2.

It seems like most that try GEM end up liking them best. Something about it's specific thickness just works! Amazing how they got lost along the way. I guess the 2 sided DE along with Gillette's marketing destroyed anything else that was out there. And funny that in the end, Gillette carts ended up being single edge blades.
Ever since I first tried the GEM, it ended up being the best for my face and injector's a close #2.
Well, I wouldn’t say I like the GEM format best - I’m not sure about that. The Kai long blade format (what some people call Artist Club) might be a better format because of the more user-friendly and more nimble size. And these blades are very rigid too. But I find Personna GEM blades to have perhaps the most comfortable blade edge.

Well, I wouldn’t say I like the GEM format best - I’m not sure about that. The Kai long blade format (what some people call Artist Club) might be a better format because of the more user-friendly and more nimble size. And these blades are very rigid too. But I find Personna GEM blades to have perhaps the most comfortable blade edge.
Despite having Artist club razors, it's been my least liked. That mega wide blade doesn't do it for me. Now the injector is a different story. It's the same thickness as the AC but the width is like a GEM or DE. Luckily we have plenty of options in this hobby.

IMG_9757.jpeg

++

Rapidly becoming GEM 🐐 for me 🤩

I find the standard Personna coared GEM blade superbly comfortable and it may be the best blade I’ve used in any format - for me, anyway. I don’t feel it is any disadvantage for GEM razors if there are few other options and I doubt I will ever try any other GEM blade.
That's basically how I've felt with Lab Blues DE blades over the past two years.

That's basically how I've felt with Lab Blues DE blades over the past two years.
Me too!
But...
I just tried Treet Carbon DE blades this week because I had been curious about them.
I posted about them in my journal!
I was curious because they're carbon steel and because they have a black finish.
I got a deal on Amazon last week and gave them a go. To my surprise, I think they're neck & neck with the Lab Blues. 3 tries so far and they've been awesome. Tried one out tonight on my Rex Envoy and had a perfect shave.
An excellent blade!

Last edited:
I'll
Me too!
But...
I just tried Treet Carbon DE blades this week because I had been curious about them.
I was curious because they're carbon steel and because they have a black finish.
I got a deal on Amazon last week and gave them a go. To my surprise, I think they're neck & neck with the Lab Blues. 3 tries so far and they've been awesome. Tried one out tonight on my Rex Envoy and had a perfect shave.
An excellent blade!
have to try the Treet Blacks again. Tried it about a year ago and I tried it on a DE (forget which razor) but it seemed underwhelming, and tried it on my Twig/Thorn (split DE blade) and it just seemed blah...

Me too!
But...
An excellent blade!
Treet carbon blades are great. You just need to dry them off after each shave or they will rust.

I'll

have to try the Treet Blacks again. Tried it about a year ago and I tried it on a DE (forget which razor) but it seemed underwhelming, and tried it on my Twig/Thorn (split DE blade) and it just seemed blah...
I've tried them so far with the Rex Envoy and the Pils razor. I'm gonna try them out on another one tomorrow night to see.

Me too!
But...
An excellent blade!
I use Treet Carbons to try out new razors or reacquaint myself with a razor that hasn't been in the rotation for a while. They are awesome first shaves (unlike many coated blades) and very consistent. They are also sharp and quickly encourage you to the right shaving angle. They are also so cheap that I basically "one and done" them. They do rust so keep them in a blade dryer between shaves or be sure and dry them well (feel free to wipe them as they aren't coated).

Pretty sure I went through the entire Vestige and La Faulx thread and was wondering if anyone uses other handles on these, and if so which ones are your favorites? I could see the Timeless Crown working with both. If / when I make a purchase for both of these razors (also considering the DE Le Maurice as well) I'd be just ordering the heads to save on cost.

Pretty sure I went through the entire Vestige and La Faulx thread and was wondering if anyone uses other handles on these, and if so which ones are your favorites? I could see the Timeless Crown working with both. If / when I make a purchase for both of these razors (also considering the DE Le Maurice as well) I'd be just ordering the heads to save on cost.
Le Maurice long handle (modified by Atelier Durdan) to work with the Vestige. If they don't do a slight mod on the side of the handle that screws in, it'll overlap the head. He trims down the diameter in order to fit as it should!

full

Top Bottom