What's new

Asylum Injector too aggressive for me, need help!?

Dear friends, your help is needed!
I´ve used my Asylum Injector razor with Schick Proline B-20 blades and can´t get a smooth shave with it if my life depended on it. I have used Schick Proline P-30 blades with my AC razors with great results though. Is there some milder injector blades that I should try? I´ve heard great things about chinese chicks... Where to buy these in EU?
Or maybe I just must to hone my technique...

Parker sell the Taconic dispenser for their injector, haven´t tried the B-20´s but I guess these might be milder. there´s also some injectors from Personna that might be milder also... Have you tried a search in your local Amazon?

Cheers

It took me a few shaves to get the right angle, not having used an injector before. I will admit the Schick B20s aren't my favourite injector blade. I now stick to vintage mainly Plus Platinums. Describe the angle you are using?

The Japanese Schick Injector blades (not Proline) that actually inject aren't milder if looking at Connaught, at least for me they weren't.

I got great shaves with my Asylum Injector, but I also felt like I was shaving too close if that's possible. You have to use a very light touch and let the weight of the razor do it's thing. My first couple of shaves almost had me put it away. I stuck with it and came to like it very much.

It took me a few shaves to adapt my technique to the Asylum injector. It’s heavy for an injector. Combining the weight with the narrowness of the head, it seemed to twist or wobble in my hand and thus against my face at first. My technique has improved and I’m now getting nice shaves with a Chinese Schick blade. 15 Shaves and still some left

My technique has improved and I’m now getting nice shaves with a Chinese Schick blade.
Can someone compare Chinese Schick blades to Proline B-20 blades? Would it be worth to get these? Seems that it's not so easy to get them in EU...
I try to use a lighter touch. Hope that helps, cause it's a beautiful razor!

Dear friends, your help is needed!
I´ve used my Asylum Injector razor with Schick Proline B-20 blades and can´t get a smooth shave with it if my life depended on it. I have used Schick Proline P-30 blades with my AC razors with great results though. Is there some milder injector blades that I should try? I´ve heard great things about chinese chicks... Where to buy these in EU?
Or maybe I just must to hone my technique...

I know the razor well. Get the yellow schick blades. Not the b-20s. If they don’t work well move on… but the b-20’s are not a good match for that razor no matter what.

Bought some Personna injector blades from Connaught, so let's see...
Chinese schicks I can't find anywhere delivered at reasonable price to EU...

Top Bottom