What's new

Artisan hair products

Looking to get some nice hair products, styling is the main bucket.
I have short-ish but VERY thick and coarse hair. I don’t like things that make my hair too “hard.” Prefer a lighter hold and more natural look. Perfectly OK with not being 100% together.

From what I read, perhaps a cream as opposed to a clay or pomade? Truefitt & Hill?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
For light hold with a nice shine then a brilliantine may suit you. I use vintage Cussons brilliantine regularly.

20230302_105144~3.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’m not sure I know what your requirements are for artisan. If I’m on the same wave length I’ll suggest looking at holy black. A more mass produced recommendation is lay rite blue label. Water base light hold.

I am a big fan of Highland Glacial Clay and Shear Revival Northern Lights and Gray Ghost. Layrite Blue is also very good as is Aveda Grooming Clay. If I had to pick one for short hair I would go with Highland Glacial Clay. I have thick coarse hair as well usually short to mid length. It is a fantastic product and won’t leave your hair stiff. Two kids in Boulder started the company in their kitchen and the ingredients are very clean and very straightforward.

Top Bottom