What's new

arko shave soap.

i have had a puck or arko for a bit now decided to use it in tonights shave. used my military tech, arko icey mint aftershave derby blade...... thats rare for me i usally use a sharper gsb. razorock 26mm systhtic brush. it has a damn fine shave pretty near bbs. i do not mind the smell of arko at all some has said it smells like urin cakes. to me it does not it smells like a lemon cleaner of some sort.

Arko was the 1st soap I bought when I started DE shaving 18+ months ago.
It's always got a place in my rotation, I gave my 84 year old Dad a puck of Arko on Father's Day - he liked it.
I can't understand why so many members are negative about the scent of Arko, Arko and Derby are two of the best soap scents I've tried.
The best description I've read on B&B was "Airplane bathroom"

Every time I use Arko I am reminded that I have paid a heck of a lot more for a soap and gained little if any in performance. The scent does not bother me, I rather like it. If you don't care for the scent there are plenty of other soaps out there.

Bob

It's my favorite too. If you like arko, mix your brush with a shot of kiss-my-face 4 in 1 shaving cream while prepping with arko and see how much it improves. Scent doesn't matter, I either use patchouli or lime. Really helps with dried face issues and turns the lather from an ordinary one into an extraordinary one. Discovered this a few years ago during my experimental phase when I was first starting out, been doing the same thing ever since.

Last edited:
Arko is very good, albeit a little drying in my opinion. For the price I doubt it can be beat. I also have no problem with the scent (reminiscent of Ivory Soap) not my favorite by any means but no urinal cake either.

I can't fault it. I love the scent, which is authentically Turkish, and the performance-to-price ratio is second to none. I use other soaps, and Palmolive runs it close, but if I had to shave with only one soap for the rest of my days, it would be Arko.

Arko is one of the best values in all of shaving. I think it smells like lemon jolly ranchers, which is fine by me. It's a solid performer that gives higher end soaps a run for their money. Use what works, and Arko works.

I like the scent also. Like a strong Ivory soap. I found it the easiest to make lather with. If you can't get a good lather with the Arko stick then you are doing something wrong. And the puck is just as good.

Arko is what it is. It is a highly effective soap, with no pretense of being anything other than soap. It is a classic product formulated in the 1950s, based on a centuries-long bathhouse tradition. With Arko, expect soap and you will not be disappointed. Expect shopping-mall stuff and you may be disappointed.

Shaved with it tonight wit the r41 and a Feather. Worked well, as I put the water to it, nice and slick, good cushion.

Top Bottom