What's new

Aqua Velva Plastic Bottles

Has anybody bought a plastic bottle to see if it is indeed the same formula? I have not seen a single plastic bottle here in Winnipeg, by the way.

I was in Wal-Mart today and saw that the glass bottles are all gone now. The new plastic bottles do look like the old glass ones, so it is a little strange to grab one and find that you're holding a plastic bottle.

I cracked an Ice Blue open and smelled it. As far as I can tell, it's still the same juice.

Bought some AV Musk at a Sav-on Pharmacy here in the Rogue Valley of Oregon and they still had everything in the AV line in glass bottles.

Methinks I waited too long!

Glass bottles had been plentiful locally, until today. All plastic at Wal Mart now!

It was a smaller bottle, but still 7 oz. It was also around a dollar cheaper than the glass bottles were.

Has anybody bought a plastic bottle to see if it is indeed the same formula? I have not seen a single plastic bottle here in Winnipeg, by the way.

So I bought one.

The ingredients are listed as the same.

To me, they smell differently. Almost as if the plastic one is stronger. Maybe the dispensing hole is larger? I haven't actually worn it yet. That will be tomorrow.

My local WM has a 4 glass bottles of the Ice Blue left in the glass, the rest are plastic. All the musk glass bottles are gone.

If anybody really wants to get a glass bottle I would be more than happy to pick one up for you at no extra charge. :001_smile The plastic bottle problem won't hit Canada quite as quick :wink2:

Saw plastic bottles in the Kansas City metropolitan area over the weekend. That glass bottle must be pretty thick because the plastic bottle is quite a bit smaller. Graphics and text are identical between the two bottles. The scent is identical as well, as far as I could tell.

So I bought one.

The ingredients are listed as the same.

To me, they smell differently. Almost as if the plastic one is stronger. Maybe the dispensing hole is larger? I haven't actually worn it yet. That will be tomorrow.

Thanks for posting that, BigL. Would be very interested to hear your comments when you have tried it out.

Thanks for posting that, BigL. Would be very interested to hear your comments when you have tried it out.

OK, I wore the glass bottle Tuesday and the plastic bottle yesterday. Spent both nights in jail for indecent exposure :tongue_sm

From the bottle, the plastic smells stronger. I think it is because of the larger hole. The larger hole is definitely messier. I tried my usual palm splash and dripped about four times as much as I usually do- one or two drops down the side of the bottle being the norm.

I also tried the thumb-over method. The AV pours out so fast I actually overflowed my palm before I could plug it up.

Later in the day, I put a splash on each wrist. While I am not especially good with scents, I couldn't tell the difference.

My final test was a drop test. It didn't break.

It really seems that it is the same stuff in a different bottle, just the bottle could use some refining- like being made out of glass! :blink:

I purchased some at the Shoppers Drug Mart at Westhills...there were some plastic bottles mixed in with the glass ones!

Plastic is in Canada:thumbdown

Cheers!

If anybody really wants to get a glass bottle I would be more than happy to pick one up for you at no extra charge. :001_smile The plastic bottle problem won't hit Canada quite as quick :wink2:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Luckily I have glass bottles in both sizes. They will stay in the bathroom but I guess I will wrap them in bubble-wrap. :001_rolle

I took a whiff of the AV Original Sport (GREEN) this morning :001_tt1:

I have a HUGE glass bottle :001_tt2:

However, I use it as a light cologne, because it`s too drying as an AS :cursing:

Top Bottom