What's new

Aqua Velva is going to plastic bottles!

Aqua Velva in Spain: http://www.unilever.es/our-brands/detail/Williams/343836/?WT.contenttype=view brands
proxy.php

Very nice on the bottle from Spain. I'll have to dig in and look around when I'm feeling better. Taking care of my girlfriend and her daughter ended up getting me sick, too. And on such a lovely weekend...

They are different IMO. I'll re-post what I wrote about the differences a couple of years ago:

I have both and use them occasionally. I initially preferred the European variety but have come to like the American version as well.

I find the European version to be "less strong" than the American version and more subtle. I'm not terrific at describing scents but another shaving site had info about it (unfortunately it's a banned site) but he described as: "The composition of the European Aqua Velva is also more complex: it contains Citrol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Evernia Furfuracea, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellol, Limonene and Linalool, all ingredients that are absent from the American Aqua Velva."

They're similar but definitely different. I find them both to be relatively short-lasting, with the European version dissipating sooner than the American version.

I really wish some of the vendors would consider adding the European Williams Aqua Velva. It might be problematic though; maybe they can't contractually sell the European version in the US due to competition with the US version? (just my speculation - nothing more).

Odd question perhaps, but does the American and European version smell any different?

Last edited:
Top Bottom