What's new

April 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a couple of days in Monsaraz and since Badajoz is near...

$P1160445.jpg

Just received the shavemac Americana. Here's a pic of my current brush rotation!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 254
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-Unuse...U2rE7IG9Su8Nmr5YRhBHw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Bid on this, but got sniped. When I saw the snipe, I thought; "Damn I really should have bid more". About a week later, got a second chance offer and picked it up. Mint condition wood bowl with five unused pucks of vintage soap for $30? You're darn right I'll buy it. I didn't even consider what soap it may be. Gets here and the bowl is a match for my unlabeled vintage that I have always suspected is hershey's cocoa butter shave soap. Use it, and it's for sure the same soap. No soap EVER gives me that after-shave comfort that some people get with MWF or mikes or MW or whatever. I've tried them all. No soap... except this stuff. I'd know this soap blindfolded and shaved by someone else with it. I'm not even 100% sure WHAT it is, and I have no clue what makes it feel like this after the shave, but damn is it good.

Picked up an Old Type yesterday at the antique mall, and bought a bottle of Clubman for the first time. Looking forward to giving both a test drive.

Found these today at a junk store. A first quarter 1959 Fatboy, 48-51 Aristocrat, an Enders which I know nothing about yet, and a 1951 black plastic handle tech. Far from pristine specimens but they'll be fine worker bees.

$04:24 razors2.jpg$04:24 razors.jpg

Picked up this Mohawk brush and bowl set at a local antique store a few days ago.

$mohawk set2.jpg$mohawk set.jpg

And I've been wanting a Tuckaway and finally won one at an auction. Came in the mail a couple days ago.

$tuckaway3.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a bunch of things this month. Just bought a geneva cutlery round tip 6/8 and a waterville cutlery round tip 4/8. Both need honing and a decent clean.

Cant attach a picture for some reason.

Last edited:
Got some shavemail today from italianbarber. First time doing business with them but certainly won't be the last. I've only used C.O. Bigelow shave cream so far since my recent conversion to traditional shaving and am really looking forward to giving the Cella a go tomorrow. I've been in the game for just over a month and have managed to scrounge a few things together. What on earth is my collection going to look like in a couple of years?!?

View attachment 435347View attachment 435348View attachment 435349

Nice additions =D I've been wanting to try cella

500 Personna "lab blues", Ogallala Bay Rum (sage & cedar), and a homemade brush travel tube.
proxy.php

It will work, but it's not a "fits-like-a-glove" match.
I'll probably wrap the base of the handle in a paper towel to keep it from bouncing/rubbing.
Though, the endcap tapers on the inside, so the handle should settle in a central position.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've wanted to try those blades, but to get them to Sweden is a bit expensive =P

Woohoo! Picked up a mint 1958 TV special today at an antique fair. Got there around 1pm. So you never know what you'll find even showing up late.:biggrin1:

Attachments

• $IMG_20140427_142514_875.jpg
    $IMG_20140427_142514_875.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 165
  • $IMG_20140427_142346_290.jpg
    $IMG_20140427_142346_290.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 164
  • $IMG_20140427_142453_929.jpg
    $IMG_20140427_142453_929.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 165
Well after watching everyone's acquisitions this month, my tabac with bowl purchase seem so small, but I really love the soap!

Picked up a red tip and a blue tip super speed. Also grabbed a birth year black handle super speed along with a 1948 aristocrat. My collection doubled this month.

Got a Weber Razor with Bulldog handle and it came with a pack of blades. Can't wait to try it out, hopefully it'll kill my RAD.

$SNV35453.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a Weck OC DE razor. Never heard of these before, but for the asking price, I couldn't pass.

Plating is in great shape, handle is aluminum. Looks like it should all clean up nicely. Still has an old Solingen blade in it, with some minor rust.

$Weck1.jpeg$Weck2.jpeg

Anyone know anything about these? It's stamped Made in Germany, and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom