What's new

Anyone who doesn't like Nacets?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Despite the cool severed gator, my experience is that they're so tuggy, I'm pretty sure mine are fake.

A corking might improve it, I can't remember if they're coated with PTFE or some other substance.

AA

Despite the cool severed gator, my experience is that they're so tuggy, I'm pretty sure mine are fake.
That pretty much describes my experience.
I must admit the same thought crossed my mind, even as I was shaving, but I bought them from the RazorbladesClub, so I have to assume they are genuine.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That pretty much describes my experience.
I must admit the same thought crossed my mind, even as I was shaving, but I bought them from the RazorbladesClub, so I have to assume they are genuine.

I generally use Dorco Prime, got a K of them and they're very good.

Threw in a German Wilkinson a couple weeks ago and it was a bump up. Sharper, more comfortable, dunno. Did last longer too.

AA

For the most part, I would agree with this. However, most of my shaves are done with one razor; and that is what I have built my preferences around. If one of my other three razors isn't a great match for one of those blades, I'll just battle on through. I don't use the other razors often enough for them to have their own stockpile of blades. So far, I haven't had any particularly bad pairings.

I use the same approach. 90% of my shaves (easily) are performed with a Mühle R89. So far I've run through 28 different blades in this razor and plenty of well liked blades will never find themselves loaded in there again for me; Nacet included.
Not that it was bad or rough, but for that pairing it was pretty meh.

Nacets only work really well for me in R41 and Windsor Pro.

They are really my least favorite Gillette blade.
That would be GSBs and Yellows for me.
I've yet to find a solid pairing that works.

Last edited:
I use the same approach. 90% of my shaves (easily) are performed with a Mühle R89. So far I've run through 28 different blades in this razor and plenty of well liked blades will never find themselves loaded in there again for me; Nacet included.
Not that it was bad or rough, but for that pairing it was pretty meh.

Nacets only work really well for me in R41 and Windsor Pro.

That would be GSBs and Yellows for me.
I've yet to find a solid pairing that works.
That is the funny thing about shaving. I find both of those blades ( The GSB and the Yellow ) perfectly adequate ... maybe not my super favorites but they provide good comfortable shaves. The Nacet's just really don't get along with me very well for some reason, and I have enough other good blades I just don't want to take the time to try to figure them out. I suspect they fall into a category of blades that are on the sharper end of the spectrum that just feel 'bitey' to me ( I don't Kais or Feathers either ).

However, lots of other people love them so I suspect it's just a 'me' thing.

I use a DE for head shaves. I one and done all blades, except Feathers I might squeeze 2 shaves out of. I've found Shark SS to be my favorite with Nacets being #2.

BBS today using R41/Nacet (6)
It took a few iterations to find my perfect pairing

*Recycled Pic
ad49988f-ec14-4d10-bb5c-26dd7f0b46ba-jpeg.1447732

It's not at all that I don't like the nacet blades, I just find Wizamet and BIC better performers for me.

GSB is another I rate highly, along with the nacet. I just didn't stock up on either.

This is interesting to me. Frankly, all of the PPI blades I've tried (Gilette Blue, Platinum, Polsilver, Nacet) feel about the same. I rate Polsilver the best, slightly, and the rest tied for 2nd. Nacet is a good substitute for Polsilver to me. The price is right too: $0.14 per blade my last purchase.

They're incredibly sharp, your technique with it really needs to be on point to not rip your face apart. On top of all that, they cut hair soo smoothly ime that it doesnt feel like you're shaving at all, which isnt something that I personally enjoy. I need some feedback to know it's cutting so that I dont use more pressure. I suppose if it was the only blade that you used, this would be less of a problem, because you would learn what to expect, but I'd rather just use a more forgiving blade that gives some feedback imo. Objectively, they are a very good blade, just not always the right cup of tea.

Not smooth, irritating to my skin, but to be fair I tried them early on in my shaving journey, but even then there were blades that did not do this.
I had a bad experience with the first Nacet that I ever used in a new to me aggressive razor. I ended up shedding a lot of blood which scared me off of them for a while. I have since experimented with them more but while they are not my favorite choice in aggressive razors. Lately I have been using them in my Winning razor and they work really well in that razor. There is a bit of scratchy feeling in some razors but it is hardly noticeable in my Winning razor.

I had probably the worst irritation with Nacets when I first used them early when I started with DE's and swore them off. They felt tuggy and rough.

I had come back to them recently and they are now one of my go to blades as my technique had improved and find them consistent in performance over the lifespan of a blade. My first sleeve of blades are Nacets.

They are a bit tuggy on the first couple of strokes, but then smoothen out wonderfully over a shave and more. They have a bare blade/no cushion feel to them (due to their minimal coating) unlike platinum or Teflon coated blades, which can be deemed as uncomfortable, but its a pretty unique feel and makes them consistent over time.

I imagine Nacets would be similar to blades Gillette was producing mid century in feel with minimal coating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom