What's new

Anyone who doesn't like Nacets?

My first experience with the Nacets was very underwhelming, which was surprising given all the favorable opinions of it in general, including its sharpness.

Have other members here been unimpressed with the blade? Even downright dislike it?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I found them to be a bit scratchy, and unrefined. They didn't make the list, for me personally.

My Top 5 blades:
Wilkinson Sword
Astra Platinum
Feather Stainless
Gillette SharpEdge
Derby Premium

The rest of the Top 10:
Personna Platinum
SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium
SuperMax Super Stainless
Gillette Platinum
Derby Extra

I don't dislike them. I wanted to really like them a lot more with the purple and gator on the box. I can say the same for dorco primes because of the nice box. I haven't been impressed enough over other blades to strongly consider buying nacets. I try them again every once in a while just in case my opinion changes which can happen with some blades.

Nacets are blades that don't start working for me until the 4th shave and then it's nice for a few more. I've tried a few times, I have a 100 pack in my apocalypse Blade bank so they will occasionally join my rotation, but i much prefer Platinum, Rubie Platinum Plus, Stainless, Permasharps etc from the PPI blades just cause with those I get enjoyable shaves right away or only require one shave to get into the sweet spot for me

I found them to be a bit scratchy, and unrefined. They didn't make the list, for me personally.
Yeah, I think that's an accurate description actually.
In my review I wrote that they felt quite smooth, even though my face felt rough hours after the shave, which I attributed to the tugging. But it's been 24h now and my face still feels irritated, which makes me think it wasn't the tugging but actually the lack of smoothness.

Which blades have impressed you?

I used a single Nacet for the One-Blade-in-February challenge and intermittently since then and I'm approaching 50 shaves on it. While not overwhelmed, I find it a good blade.
Good question.
I have about 40 blades to sample, a process I haven't even started yet because I'm on the hunt for the ONE razor.

But out of the very few blades I've used I like:
- King C. Gillette: the best combination of sharpness and smoothness I have used by far, awesome blade. My favorite I think. Long lasting too (Only used a single blade though, for 4 shaves)
- Gillette Platinum: feels similar to the KCG, but not quite there I think. Maybe a tad less smooth, sharp and lasting. (Used a couple of them for 2-3 shaves).
- Feather: not particularly smooth, but for pure sharpness it doesn't disappoint, though they don't last long. I used them for over a decade before I considered exploring other blades.

Honorable mention:
- Astra SS: kind of OK for a couple of shaves, but go off the cliff after that.

- Blades discarded:
- Astra SP: not sharp enough

I think that's all I've tried so far.

Nacets are blades that don't start working for me until the 4th shave and then it's nice for a few more.
Wow.
I have sensitive skin, so it has to be good from the very first shave!

After trying almost all blades currently available last decade from major brands, paired with a few dozen of safety razors I can say that a bad blade is rare thing.

Much more often the pairing RAZOR AND BLADE is not working for you.

Just changing the combination can change how it works from water to wine.

I dare do say that all Gillette blades specially the PPI Russian ones are top notch.

I have about 40 blades to sample, a process I haven't even started yet because I'm on the hunt for the ONE razor.
The razor can also contribute to the blade's performance, or lack thereof. I have discovered some blades that may be average in one razor can be optimal in another.

I started this Nacet's journey in a mild razor and found it very efficient. As the shaves mounted, I moved it to more aggressive razors. It currently sits in a Fatip Piccolo--a razor I've never really cared for--and am finding it delivering great shaves.

I'm not trying to talk you into liking the Nacet. Blades are extremely subjective. Find what works for you, and shave with it.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
After trying almost all blades currently available last decade from major brands, paired with a few dozen of safety razors I can say that a bad blade is rare thing.

Much more often the pairing RAZOR AND BLADE is not working for you.

Just changing the combination can change how it works from water to wine.

I dare do say that all Gillette blades specially the PPI Russian ones are top notch.

For the most part, I would agree with this. However, most of my shaves are done with one razor; and that is what I have built my preferences around. If one of my other three razors isn't a great match for one of those blades, I'll just battle on through. I don't use the other razors often enough for them to have their own stockpile of blades. So far, I haven't had any particularly bad pairings.

For the most part, I would agree with this. However, most of my shaves are done with one razor; and that is what I have built my preferences around. If one of my other three razors isn't a great match for one of those blades, I'll just battle on through. I don't use the other razors often enough for them to have their own stockpile of blades. So far, I haven't had any particularly bad pairings.

Of course is just a matter of finding THE MATCH that best works for you.

For those who rotates a number of razors is an easier task.

I hated BIC blades until I put it in the right razor. Now for me they are surely top 3. And available every corner here in my country.

Last edited:
In general, Nacet blades are considered to be amongst the best blades on the market in terms of sharpness, smoothness and value, but of course like with pretty much anything else in life, not absolutely everyone agrees with that statement and not everyone likes them.

Nacet is my absolute favorite blade not only because of how sharp and smooth is, but because they are reasonable priced and surprisingly, they work well in all of my razors unlike blades like BIC Chrome Platinum (my second favorite) and Feather, which perform great in one razor, but are terrible in another.

I'm not a huge fan of the idea to use only certain blades in certain razors and in that regard I see things more black and white - a blade is either working for me in pretty much all of my razors or not. I have no patience to remember which razor and blade combos work better.

From what I can see on the shaving Facebook groups, forums and Youtube channels, I'd say around 95% of the people like them, which is very optimistic and the reason why they are my top recommendation to any new DE shavers.

Speaking for this old guy, that would be a resounding no! IMO the only other blade that is right up with it, and maybe a hair beyond, is a GSB.
But to each his own. :)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Speaking for this old guy, that would be a resounding no! IMO the only other blade that is right up with it, and maybe a hair beyond, is a GSB.
But to each his own. :)

Actually I would agree... but for the wrong reason. A Gillette Silver Blue is the only blade that I find to be more prickly and scratchy. :lol: In fact the Silver Blue feels more like a broken hacksaw blade to me.

As you say, each to their own :)

I find Nacets to be scratchy too. Maybe it's telling that some people who like them also claim to get dozens of great shaves from one blade. I'm pretty sure that their idea of a great shave is rather different to mine. 🤷‍♂️

All I use are Nacets and occasionally a feather. I like the feather the best but the Nacet is not as harsh out of the wrapper so I stick with them. I've also tried Gillete platinums and found them to feel nearly identical to the Nacets.

When I first started DE shaving regularly with an R41 someone recommended the Nacet works well in that razor- low and behold that was the case and also true with any other razor I've tried.

Top Bottom