What's new

Anyone add essential oils to an aftershave splash?

I've got a few aftershave splashes that I find underwhelming. I was thinking of getting some essential oils and adding this to the aftershaves. Anyone have any luck trying this?

I make my own aftershave and I use essential oils wonderful wonderful stuff better than anything I've ever bought

I may eventually make my own as well. I've been looking a bit into it. Do you think I could add some essential oils to an alcohol based aftershave splash?

I made some aftershave balm, and it turned out to be good stuff. You can make it any scent you want, and it was pretty cheap to make: aloe vera gel, glycerin, witch hazel, spiced rum, essential oils ( I used patchouli, tangerine, and sweet orange)

I'm a big citrus fan, and add citrus oils to many of my After Shaves. Mostly Lime, Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon etc. You can also add them to Vodka for a really nice A/S and scent.

works, but be sure to test with small amount.
i admit having very limited experience with this.
some essential oils will mix readily, others not so well, depending on the aftershave.
citrus essential oils are *usually* safe bet; the woods and musks can be temperamental.

Absolutely. You do want to be careful with quantity though. A little bit goes a very long way, and you can become sensitized to some of them if you use too much.

Absolutely. You do want to be careful with quantity though. A little bit goes a very long way, and you can become sensitized to some of them if you use too much.

Excellent point. Many of those highly potent oils can elicit nasty reactions after frequent exposure.

Top Bottom