What's new

Anybody have a good Mead recipe?

Looking to have a batch ready by Halloween. Would like to try something a little clovey. Any suggestions? How do cloves hold up in fermentation? Or should they be added after?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am sorry you have not been given any assistance. I have never tried mead much less made any.
I wish you luck.

I am sorry you have not been given any assistance. I have never tried mead much less made any.
I wish you luck.
Yeah. I'm a beer brewing guy myself. I tried a Mead at a Halloween party last year and wanted to replicate it for my party this year.

I have a good recipe, but alas I don't think you can get a batch done by Halloween (2017 anyway). The initial fermentation could be done in a few weeks depending on the SG you started with and the yeast you used (as well as how much yeast booster/nutrients) but "fresh" mead is REALLY harsh, it needs at least 6 months in a bottle to even begin to mellow, IMHO. After 2 years....now you are talking! Its kinda like port (and wine, I suppose) in this respect, rather than beer.

Obviously at this point nothing is gonna be done by Halloween, but if you'd like I can (hopefully) post a good mead primer to get you started. If you have beer making stuff then you shouldn't need much if anything equipment wise for mead.

Top Bottom