What's new

Any night shavers?

Night shaver - partly for time reasons, but mainly as it gives me a few minutes to forget about the day and then wash it off my face.

Also, less competition for the bathroom sink late in the evening...

Night shaver - partly for time reasons, but mainly as it gives me a few minutes to forget about the day and then wash it off my face.

Also, less competition for the bathroom sink late in the evening...

Yes, per reading about this topic, I have tried doing some night shaving, it is pleasant and calming.

Although it does make me feel out of sync when the morning comes around and I am standing infront of the mirror wondering what am I doing??:lol:

First I wash my face with a plain soap

Afterwards I use a hot face towel on my beard. How I do it? just place it under hot running tub water

Then I place with my finger a small drop of shaving cream at each cheek

Finally I facelather with my beloved brush

For the second pass? the finger process again

I'll definitely give that a try. So do you recommend washing the face first with soap and water, lathering for 2 minutes, washing it off then re-lathering and shaving? Or just lathering, washing off, re-lathering and shaving?

Lather, wash off, re-lather and shave. Works well for me. I don't usually wash or cleanse my face before the shave.

Aaron

nuke a cup of water in the microwave... I wash my bear/moustache area with as hot as I can tolerate water... dip my boar bristle brush in the hot water cup... shake once.. load it up on the soap. then work up a face lather. shave, rinse, splash on some witch hazel, few minutes later Aqua Velva. I'm telling you this is the perfect pick me up for a rough day... plus a cup of coffee :)

I switched to night shaving myself as a way to save some time in the morning. No special routine. If I shower, then I simply shave afterward. If I don't I wash my face in hot water and use my St. Ive's face scrub. Sometimes, I'll lather up my face with some KMF shave cream and just let it sit for a few, then rinse with more hot water. Then I shave as normal usually just 2 WTG passes, followed by cold rinse and Nivea ASB.

Top Bottom