What's new

Antiquestore find: Two GEM's

you rang.

Or this:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

the "e bar" :lol:

1950s, with 2 significant handle changes. british made for the most part. the corrux ER blades were the later "improved" equivalent of the radio blades.

Hey Jakob,

Just came upon your post about the SE blades. Of the SE blades I have tried the GEM by Personna blades are the best for shaving as well as blade life. These are the same as the often mentioned and praised Ted Pella Blades.

Did not like the PAL or Treet blades that I used. So if you can find them go for the GEM Personna blades. Good luck in your blade search.

GEM's are among the blades I have ordered. They should be here tomorrow. I can't wait to try out these razors.

Regards.

Jakob

Jakob,

I think you will be pleased with the shave. I have been using the 1912 since last week and love it. Thank you for posting the pics.

DL

So good sir. Could you be persuaded into partaking into the venture of dating my humble finds? If so I would be much obliged.

Regards.

Jakob

Got my blades today. Placed a GEM/Personna blade in the 1912, lathered up with my favourite soap and brush and gave it a go. Result; the most comfortable and irritation-free shave I have ever had! Not the closest, but still very good.

These will most certanly find their place in my rotation.

Regards.

Jakob

Ah, another convert to the Gem minions. I myself had a wonderful Micromatic shave this morning. New 1912 Junior is inbound even as I type. Also have a panama inbound from Ecuador so. It'll be a great day when I can sport not only my 1912 shave but a fresh no kidding Cuenca panama as well :cool:

I am going to try the Micromatic friday. How does it, in your opinion, compare to the 1912?

Panamas are great. I wear an Ecuadorian one most of the time during the summer. We sell them at the hunting store where I work :001_smile

Regards.

Jakob

Ah, another convert to the Gem minions. I myself had a wonderful Micromatic shave this morning. New 1912 Junior is inbound even as I type. Also have a panama inbound from Ecuador so. It'll be a great day when I can sport not only my 1912 shave but a fresh no kidding Cuenca panama as well :cool:

Those are all great looking razors! I just used a 1912 Gem Jr and it was an AWESOME shave! Last night I asked my wife, "Did you say goodnight to Jim junior?" Thanks for turning me on guys! :lol:

Last edited:
Don't yet have the 1912, I just scored it yesterday so it's in the mail. It would have to be quite the razor to be better than the micromatic though. The micromatic is the dog's bollocks for sure. Bar none the closest and most comfortable shave I've ever had.

Tried the Micromatic this evening. It too is a really nice shaver, but a bit more agressive and not as well balanced as the 1912.

Regards.

Jakob

Top Bottom