What's new

Another P320 Mishap

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Oh! I forgot a 1911 Nightmare that I had for a while. That one was nice.

I also had a Sig Nightmare briefly, but sold it. Wasn't feeling it either, but not because it was a Sig, I just wasn't feeling the picatinney rail underneath the dust cover. I think I'm more of a classic style 1911 type of guy. :)

I may be confused, I do not remember the rail on the Nightmare. I think that the 1911 Nitron had it but, again, I am totally confused because I did not even remember that I had the 1911 Nitron as well :D.

Last edited:
Well, I had to check my pictures. I had them in 2015 and I was wrong about the Nitron, it did not have the rail either.

Nightmare
Nightmare.jpg

Nitron:
Nitron.png

Last edited:

OkieStubble

I may be confused, I do not remember the rail on the Nightmare. I think that the 1911 Nitron had it but, again, I am totally confused because I did not even remember that I had the 1911 Nitron as well :D.

Because it wasn’t a Nightmare, but a Sig Extreme.

I’m old and it’s been a minute. :)

IMG_1724.jpeg

You know, to be honest; if not for wanting a Colt Gold Cup one day, I don’t know if I’d care to own another full sized 1911. I think I much prefer the carry sized aspects of Commander sized 1911’s and maybe an Officer sized model one day.

Because it wasn’t a Nightmare, but a Sig Extreme.

I’m old and it’s been a minute. :)

View attachment 1804636

You know, to be honest; if not for wanting a Colt Gold Cup one day, I don’t know if I’d care to own another full sized 1911. I think I much prefer the carry sized aspects of Commander sized 1911’s and maybe an Officer sized model one day.
Aside from size, “How can one argue effectively against John Moses Browning?”

Curly Out

….

Good morning.
Interesting you say that because I actually traded the Nitron for a Kimber Compact Stainless II which was a CCO 1911, Commander slide and an Officer grip/frame. I have had all 1911 sizes but the CCO was the only 1911 I have ever carried.

IMG_0699.jpeg

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Good morning.
Interesting you say that because I actually traded the Nitron for a Kimber Compact Stainless II which was a CCO 1911, Commander slide and an Officer grip/frame. I have had all 1911 sizes but the CCO was the only 1911 I have ever carried.

View attachment 1804693

Yeah, I really like that right there! :)

I really enjoy carrying and shooting my Springfield Range Officer. :)

IMG_0823.jpeg

OkieStubble

Aside from size, “How can one argue effectively against John Moses Browning?”

Curly Out

John, @nortac always used to tell me years ago, that I would fall in love with the 1911 once I owned one for myself. He was right. I love everything about it. It’s slim profile, the way it points and shoots, always having complete control of every aspect of the pistol from drawing, to flipping the safety on & off and controlling the single action crisp trigger.

If .45 wasn’t so expensive, I’d have a whole lot more rounds thru mine then what I actually do. :)

This is where John says, “ you need to reload!” :)

John, @nortac always used to tell me years ago, that I would fall in love with the 1911 once I owned one for myself. He was right. I love everything about it. It’s slim profile, the way it points and shoots, always having complete control of every aspect of the pistol from drawing, to flipping the safety on & off and controlling the single action crisp trigger.

If .45 wasn’t so expensive, I’d have a whole lot more rounds thru mine then what I actually do. :)

Cough**buy a 9mm barrel**cough*cough...😁

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

Take up unloading 45acp as a hobby. Far cheaper than golf or sailing or sports cars or skiing or ...

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
John, @nortac always used to tell me years ago, that I would fall in love with the 1911 once I owned one for myself. He was right......This is where John says, “ you need to reload!” :)
While primers are still hit or miss, they seem to be a bit more plentiful than they were. Powders and projectiles are not a problem currently, at least for .45 ACP loads. I'm not sure that it will get much better than this for the foreseeable future. No excuse to not start now.

OkieStubble

Cough**buy a 9mm barrel**cough*cough...😁
Or another 1911 in 9mm. I think it might be time. :)

I have read that since the 1911 was specifically made to chamber the .45, that chambering a full size 1911 for 9mm they tend to not be as reliable as one chambered in its original .45 ACP?

I know Springfield says their EMP models were designed specifically around the 9mm, but are they the only ones?

Good point. In fact the slide is made of aluminum.
I have similar kits for the Beretta M9 and I’m quite sure that they are aluminum or a special alloy as well.

Good point. In fact the slide is made of aluminum.
I have similar kits for the Beretta M9 and I’m quite sure that they are aluminum or a special alloy as well.
Yes, Advantage Arms, the aforementioned Sig250, Twisted Industries (Ruger LC/LCP, KelTec) and (IIRC) Ceiner's 1911 kits are all billet aluminum slides, with steel breechface inserts.

The Ruger Mk III .22 Short/SS bolt, made by Volquartsen about 15 years ago, is one of the few exceptions to the AL rule in low-power conversions, in that it is very skeletonized, but still steel. This is only possible because the original bolt is designed for the .22LR, and not a center-fire caliber.

OkieStubble

Yes, Advantage Arms, the aforementioned Sig250, Twisted Industries (Ruger LC/LCP, KelTec) and (IIRC) Ceiner's 1911 kits are all billet aluminum slides, with steel breechface inserts.

The Ruger Mk III .22 Short/SS bolt, made by Volquartsen about 15 years ago, is one of the few exceptions to the AL rule in low-power conversions, in that it is very skeletonized, but still steel. This is only possible because the original bolt is designed for the .22LR, and not a center-fire caliber.

LCP is Aluminum?

Top Bottom