What's new

Another n00b (thanks to Mantic's YouTube channel)

Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and finally decided to sign up with an account, so I'm introducing myself...

I have been wetshaving pretty much since I was 16 but after seeing Mantic's videos on YouTube my shaving life has changed significantly. I got myself this razor (http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/shaving/safety-razors/futur.jpg) at my local cutlery store and haven't looked back since!

I have always used Gilette products (the Sensor, then the Mach 3 and up until about a month ago, the Fusion) and can't believe what I've been missing out on. I also found a decent badger hair brush (for about $30) and a tube of some really decent shaving cream from Crabtree and Evelyn (sp?). Mornings are much different these days, I look forward to the shaving ritual now instead of looking at it like a chore.

Today I ordered my first re-supply or Merkur blades (I found a site that sells 3 10-packs for $15) and also got some pre-shave oil by Anthony Logistics (I'll post a review after I try it since I haven't seen one yet) and broke down to buy a tub of Truefitt and Hill 1805. I can't wait for this stuff to arrive. Is something wrong with me?!

Anyway, I'm sure you guys have read (or skipped over!) tons of these kinds of posts ever since Mantic's YouTube channel blew up, so I'll spare you the rest.

Mantic, if you happen to read this, thank you very much for taking the time to produce those vids. I check every day to see if there is a new one.

Cheers,

-Mike

Monks said:
broke down to buy a tub of Truefitt and Hill 1805. I can't wait for this stuff to arrive. Is something wrong with me?!

I'm afraid that you will find this feeling all too common from now on! And an unhealty desire to acquire more more more!:biggrin:
Welcome!

Nice one Monks! Am a noob too and the Merkur Futur and Merkur blades
has changed my life too! There's nothing wrong with us, just the thrill of discovering something real thats been under our noses all the time! Ive just tried a Derby Extra in the Merkur and it seems the biz. I'm waiting for a Gillette Fat Boy c1960 to arrive from your side of the pond so you can imagine my anticipation!!!

Mike, welcome! I'm happy to see another "convert!" :thumbup1:

Due to my limited resources of equipment and time, I'm trying to put up a new video every 10 days or so (give or take), so there's no need to check every day! :blink:

--Mark

Back at you Mike.

And as a relative newbie at this myself I can say, it's cool reading people's first posts. It reminds me of when I first posted. Shaving was terrible for me so when I found this website, it was like finding the promised land.

I did not see the videos until after I joined here, but they have a powerful impact on people new to wet shaving or using a DE, or straight for that matter.

Look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

Welcome, and very cool that you're enjoying your shaves. At some point try LetterK's blade sampler packet---there's quite a difference among blades, and you might find one that you like better than the Merkur.

Continue to enjoy!

Welcome Mike!

Actually, I read eac and every one of the new experiences-You never know where that next nugget of infromation or inspiration will show up.

Resistance is futile- you will be assimilated!

Marty

Welcome aboard, Mike. You won't find a nicer group of folks or better advice. Glad you're here. (And no, there is nothing wrong with you. When I order stuff anymore I'm like a kid going to the mailbox every day. Something fun might come besides bills!):biggrin:

Welcome to the forum. :smile:

I love reading new folks' posts, it reminds me of when I stumbled in here 5 or 6 weeks ago. :biggrin:

I felt like I'd been stumbling through the jungle and then found a lost temple containing ancient knowledge, which had been hidden away from the world by the evil Gillette/Schick marketing execs. :lol:

Thanks again...I really like it here so far!

After reading up on the "negative pressure" technique yesterday, I had the closest shave (without drawing blood!) of my entire life this morning. What a difference.

Top Bottom