What's new

another brush help thread...

Hey guys, here's what I need help with. I've got my father into de shaving recently and he is loving it. he's using a long handle adjustable and quite happy. the brush is a different story. I tried with a cheap omega boar to begin with but he wasn't a big fan, he has my old aos badger brush now but is looking for something with a bigger handle as he has monster paws for hands. What I am asking you guys is what is an easy lathering brush with a large handle that I could get him. Midrange brush, bowl lathering using creams. probably 20-23 on the knot. Let me know if I can shed any more light. thanks in advance....

Just going back to the handle size. Many of the guys here (my self included) have spades for hands but go for the smaller brush handle. Generally they are a lot more stout or thicker, wider (if you like) could that be an option for your father?

I wear a size 10 glove...pretty large. Try a Semogue 1800 (or a 1305-same handle) or a FS Lindsfarne.
For a BIG funky handle check out a "Turnback" style brush (made by many mfgs. I have a FS in finest badger). Feels like a baseball bat.

Vulfix 2336 is a good sized handle also I am told (but that is 2nd hand. The Semogue and FS brushes I own and use regularly)

Savile Row 32XX series has longer handle also. You could always go the vintage route and get a long handled brush and stick a TGN knot in it, cheaper option.

Strong feelings about boar or badger?

The brush that came to mind, if boar, is the SOC. The handle's a good 57mm tall if I'm remembering right.

looking more into a badger than boar, the rooney looks nice, as well as the saville row and that muehle looks really nice too. honestly the only brushes I have experience with are vulfix and Simpson. Thanks for the input so far guys!

Besides the Colonel, the style 3 Rooney might do the trick. Anything with a 50mm+ handle length is fair game for larger paws.

I have never tried a Savile Row but the 3824 in Silvertip is well regarded around here. Handle has nice ergonomics and is about 51mm tall.

Sorry for some reason I read the OP's badger over boar backwards.

The M&F handles are great with my big hands.

Keyhole 3 is another one of my favorites for bowl lathering.

Top Bottom