What's new

American Rocket

A quick look at Google books shows 1947 was the year the Milord was advertised most heavily. There is also a full ad for 1949. There is a snippet of a 1948 ad where the Milord is "Improved," but these don't seem quite right for yours. Then I noticed one very interesting snippet from 1940 in Good Housekeeping magazine where Gillette was selling a gold Milord Tech......So that could also be when its from....

A quick look at Google books shows 1947 was the year the Milord was advertised most heavily. There is also a full ad for 1949. There is a snippet of a 1948 ad where the Milord is "Improved," but these don't seem quite right for yours. Then I noticed one very interesting snippet from 1940 in Good Housekeeping magazine where Gillette was selling a gold Milord Tech......So that could also be when its from....

I would think it more likely from the late forties as it has the notched center bar.

And from a RocketMan….wow that means a lot! Seriously through, thanks. I feel rather fortunate to have found one and apparently in great shape. I remember reading highball’s original post about his and wanting one ever since. Thanks for the inspiration Mike….

Congrats on the score Tom! :thumbup:

I've been lucky enough to pick up some rarities right after you do, maybe an American Rocket is in my future....

Top Bottom