What's new

Am I the only one?

Hello all, this is my first post.

About a year ago, I began shaving with safety razors. As a cautious newbie, I started with Henson. After testing several blades, I settled for Feather.

A couple of weeks ago, I got the itch for something aggressive and got myself a Muhle R41.

The first shave was going fine until I butchered my undernose. I tried a second time, with similar results.

Not giving up, I tried the following:

1. The first pass with the Muhle
  2. Second pass on cheeks and sideburns Muhle
  3. Second pass on all the rest and undernose with the Henson.

Best shave I ever had.

Thoughts?

To be honest I don't quite get your question? "Am I the only one?" on the topic and "Thoughts?" in the post. 😕

You started shaving with a very mild razor and then you bought a very aggressive razor. Maybe instead of changing razors during shave it would be better to buy a razor that is inbetween those models in terms of aggressiveness. Just a thought...

If your question revolves around using more than one razor during a shave, there are plenty of us who do that regularly, and on occasion. The other day, I finishes my ATG and clean-up passes with a BIC metal that was handy as I was concerned about irritation.

Do whatever works for you.

To be honest I don't quite get your question? "Am I the only one?" on the topic and "Thoughts?" in the post. 😕

You started shaving with a very mild razor and then you bought a very aggressive razor. Maybe instead of changing razors during shave it would be better to buy a razor that is inbetween those models in terms of aggressiveness. Just a thought...
This.

You should not "need" more than one razor for a shave. If you "want" to use multiple razors for fun, that's up to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom