What's new

Allen Edmond Shirts

Hey all,

Anyone have experience with Allen Edmond shirt quality? I've had some luck with their shoes, and on their site they have some shirts on sale. Current price is still a little more than what I would like to pay for shirts, but if the quality is there (for something not custom made), then I'm willing to bite the bullet. They're also made domestically (for what it's worth).

Also...for those of you who are fans of their shoes, you should consider occasionally checking out Amazon. Over the past six months, I've picked up 3 pairs (Banchory - 2 pair, Strawfut - 1 pair) and paid probably an average of $130 for each pair. The models offered for the lowest prices can be hit or miss, but there are gems to be had.

Thanks in advance!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No idea.

But ... when a "reliable niche producer/artisan" branches out to try to become a "fashion brand", it's usually not a good thing.

I don't know about that. Tilley Endurables (known for sailing hats) has a fantastic clothing line. In fact I have a few of Tilleys bush shirts that are over ten years old and still looking good....... That being said I have no idea about Allen Edmonds. Sorry. But the sale looks pretty good. $55 for an american made shirt. Can't beat that.
Johnny

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I don't know about that. Tilley Endurables (known for sailing hats) has a fantastic clothing line. In fact I have a few of Tilleys bush shirts that are over ten years old and still looking good....... That being said I have no idea about Allen Edmonds. Sorry. But the sale looks pretty good. $55 for an american made shirt. Can't beat that.
Johnny

Well, give it a shot if you like and see how it turns out.

Hey, I'd be the first one to be happy that AE made a line of shirts as good as their shoes. But they've done shoes for a hundred years and shirts ... not even a hundred weeks. Maybe they get it right, and maybe they don't.

strop

Now half as wise
Actually, my wife, who doesn't like seafood, says that they always have great steaks. If not, they lose business.

I've never tried the shirts, thou I looked at them in the store, and they looked OK. My problem with, and the same for Orvis, is they don'come with measured sleeve lengths. Ifyou are not"average" either the neck or sleeve length won't be correct.

Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
i don't know that this is a good thing. I agree with Ian, in that I would prefer a company that does one thing great instead of 20 things well.

Just had a shirt delivered today and it appears to be very well made, nice fabric and nicely tailored. $55 for a well made in the U.S.A. shirt seems reasonable to me plus free shipping both ways, AE makes some excellent products and I'm happy to support their efforts.

A&E has went downhill since they were purchased in 2006. I recently bought two paid & they are not on par with the older ones I have. I agree that you should do one thing well so that why I will stick with gittman as far as U.S. dress shirts. If you get to London, Frank Foster makes a hell of a shirt at a reasonable price for bespoke.

Top Bottom