What's new

All things paracord

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The first one I made I stuffed a bit of paper into the monkey fist knot. I'll be replacing it with a marble like I used on my second one. It turned out better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31zkBObg-3g

Instead of a marble, I wonder if a stainless steel "pea" lighter from County Comm (government products) could be used for the core?

I've got one on my keychain now. With its O-ring, zippo fluid (napatha) does not evaporate over weeks or months.

AA

Made this little 4" pouch today. Inside is a Trader Joes chocolate nibs tin. I figure I might use it as a mini survival kit or something like that.

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is brilliant! Not seen anything like that before, is it 550 parachord, looks thicker but Im unfamiliar with that tin.

I've just recently picked some parachord myself, as I kid we used to use it to build our dens and tree houses. I got some though to make some lanyards for a couple of pocket knives and didnt think of making anything else, tillnow any way.

That is brilliant! Not seen anything like that before, is it 550 parachord, looks thicker but Im unfamiliar with that tin.

Glad you like! Ya it's 550, it just looks thicker compared to the small size of the tin. This cord I got from Michael's using a 40% off coupon which is a pretty good deal. The tin was a gift someone gave me from Trader Joe's in the states.

Cheers for the info, I thought it may look thicker due to the tin. My 550 arrived last week, going to have a try making stuff today.

Question, does anyone leave the inner chord in everytime or remove it?

I always keep the inner cords. I figure that everything I make with it potentially an emergency stash of paracord that I might want to untie and reuse at some point if I need to.

Good point, I guess that is the main purpose of using parachord. Not had chance to make a lanyard as of yet, trying to study.

$image.jpg
Made my first lanyard, pretty happy with it although at the finishing end near the Oring the cord had moved slightly so its gone a bit thin.

Hmm very interesting, looks like something else to have a go at!
I need to wrap the handle of this Kiridashi soon.
$dashi.JPG
$dashi2.JPG

Its pretty fun, I've got a few things which I plan on making.

Thats an odd looking blade, never seen one before, whats is it for?

Made another paracord voodoo doll with some camo cord. Used a marble inside the monkey fist knot this time.

proxy.php

@WarrenB cool looking neck knife. Show us what it looks like wrapped!

@wazza nice lanyard!

Made another paracord voodoo doll with some camo cord. Used a marble inside the monkey fist knot this time.

proxy.php

@WarrenB cool looking neck knife. Show us what it looks like wrapped!

@wazza nice lanyard!

Thanks. Sweet voodoo doll, I'm going to have to try one of those for myself. Is it a pain to get a marble to stay in the knot and enclose it fully?

Just posted this one on the "Show us your torches aka flashlights" thread, but with the wrap I figure it applies.

Turkshead on a flashlight for visibility / identification - 2mm accessory cord, not 550 paracord

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Finally had time on Christmas break to start tying paracord. I made 2 Cobra twist bracelets, then advanced to making a Slatt's rescue bracelet. curse this Android, there are pictures in my gallery but I can't cut and paste them here with this. Anyways, Merry Christmas!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks for earlier links to ParaGuild.

Slatt's rescue bracelet: comfy and provide quick access to lots of cord:

AA

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well clearly I need paracord shoe laces to walk about town. Somebody pass me my shoes!

Have to admit: easiest project ever ...

i just got in four new colors of 550, and some better buckles ... Another Slatt's on deck!

AA

Top Bottom