What's new

Alex Jacques Custom Damascus

Basically, knifemakers in general now-adays call this type of pattern welded (two or more different steels) steel "damascus". What damascus originally was and if it can or cannot be recreated today is still widely debated, but really not that important when it comes to this blade and/or others that I make. I call it damascus because it is generally understood and known what that means in today's 'market'/world. It's funny- in the razor world this stuff gets debated while in the knife world people are generally over it. lol Thanks for the comments everyone!

Basically, knifemakers in general now-adays call this type of pattern welded (two or more different steels) steel "damascus". What damascus originally was and if it can or cannot be recreated today is still widely debated, but really not that important when it comes to this blade and/or others that I make. I call it damascus because it is generally understood and known what that means in today's 'market'/world. It's funny- in the razor world this stuff gets debated while in the knife world people are generally over it. lol Thanks for the comments everyone!

Yeah, sorry about derailing your thread with all that stuff. It was a fun conversation, though, and I think I learned some things. Whatever you want to call that razor's metal, I still love it. If you feel the need to give it away at any point in time, I'm your man. :wink: (I currently work as a volunteer, so I won't be buying one until I get a 'real' job one day. :sad:) Beautiful work, though, no doubt.

Last edited:
Yeah, my apologies for derailing the conversation. I like discussing/thinking about materials. I clearly chose the wrong major... ;)

Top Bottom