What's new

Aftershave shipping issues

I am a teacher at a boarding school. I live on campus and we do not get mail delivery. We are given a box at the post office. However, I have had trouble getting aftershave because it cannot be shipped to a post office box as it is classified as a hazardous substance. A local store will occasional carry brut, but they want close to 15.00 for the small bottle.

Prof Hawkeye_90, have you asked your school department if they would accept a parcel addressed to you??
Thanks for dedicating time to education!!

brucered

System Generated
You could have it shipped "Poste Restante/General Delivery" to your local post office, you pick it up there.
A friend or colleague who lives off campus, would probably let you drop ship something to their address too.

Or pay a student to smuggle some in. You know they are bringing in worse things that aftershave. :eek2:

Out of curiosity, how would the post office see/know that it's a "hazardous substance"? I can't remember ever receiving a package with AS that references that, I feel like the sender would have to go out of their way to write something on the box for that to ever come up.

1st suggestion was real.
2nd was a joke, obviously.

Well the idea of smuggling remind me of buddy who was Guard at Prision.

Inmates alway were looking for a Guard to own. Smuggle One, and your owned.

My buddy was easy going, but when an Imates said maybe you can help me get something inside. Answer was alway NO, do it once your owned.

The shippers refuse to send. I’m heading to the city (100 miles away) tomorrow. I will load up on aftershave at Walmart.

It’s a bummer though as I wanted to try to pimaund old bay or bay rum which I had never seen before in a store. I may have gotten the name wrong.

Just an advice, was in a very similar situation not long ago, I stayed in a village in Greece with literally no post address. I came to a local small family owned grocery store and ask them to receive my parcels from time to time if they don't mind. Had no problems at all. Evert time I came to collect something a shopped there. Win-win for everyone.

Top Bottom