What's new

Aftershave acquisition thread

I'm currently fixated on body fragrances of all types, a "wood-aholic" in particular.

Surprisingly, mahogany is a scent which thus far has mostly eluded my searches...

Except:
Screenshot_20230709-181844.png

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_6739.jpeg
IMG_6742.jpeg

Just arrived from The Chemist Warehouse out here in Australia. One of my favourite Aftershave Balms, Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm. It is a great balm and doesn’t have an overpowering scent so you can use a good Fragrance as well.

20230814_225841.jpg

I was in the local Dollar Store earlier today and I saw skin bracer on the clearance Shelf, kind of made a dumb impulse buy and bought all nine bottles. I don't know if it's been discontinued or it's going to change size like Aqua Velva classic ice blue did. But it's for certain I have enough skin bracer to last my lifetime and some.

View attachment 1702429
I was in the local Dollar Store earlier today and I saw skin bracer on the clearance Shelf, kind of made a dumb impulse buy and bought all nine bottles. I don't know if it's been discontinued or it's going to change size like Aqua Velva classic ice blue did. But it's for certain I have enough skin bracer to last my lifetime and some.
A lot of retailers will “discontinue” regular items at a particular location if it’s not selling well there. Mennen is still making it and it might be selling well at other dollar stores just not the location most convenient to you

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7166.jpeg
IMG_7168.jpeg
IMG_7169.jpeg
IMG_7172.jpeg
IMG_7174.jpeg

Picked this bottle of Eau Sauvage Pre-Shave Lotion up in a Fathers Day display at an Opportunity Shop in Young on Saturday morning. I thought it was aftershave and didn’t realise it was pre-shave until I got home. For a whole $2.00 I couldn’t refuse.

Four bottles of aftershave purchased from beautyways.com arrived yesterday. Pitralon Classic, Pitralon Pure, Pitralon Polar, and Hâttric Classic.

It is good to see they have Pitralon back in stock. :thumbup:
The last time I purchased Classic on the 'Zon, the shipping cost was as much as the product ($25 total). :sad:
It's time to stock up!

My first post in this forum, with my latest acquisition. This is a brand owned by the European retailer REWE. Only at second glance I saw that it is enriched with hamamelis / witch-hazel. For less than 3 USD it delivers a lot of value. Greetings, gents!

Attachments

• TEMP1_20230928.jpg
    TEMP1_20230928.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
IMG_1362.jpg

After seeing the Natio aftershave balm around here and hearing good things (thanks @ajkel64 ), I wanted to give it a try. Major retailers don't seem to carry it in brick and mortar stores, so I decided to check an independant hole-in-the-wall pharmacy at the market (next to the meat hall) and, lo-and-behold, they had it. They also had some other goodies I have been looking for and are harder to find in stores, such as the Proraso preshave cream for a good price (excited to try it) and Cosma liquid styptic (last bottle ran out years ago). Also got some GEM blades for my brother's GEM razor, they don't say for shaving on the package but they where with the other razors, and my brother has tried them before and they work OK. The lady at the checkout commented that I had bought stuff that "no-one knows about" (and made sure I didn't accidently thing the pre-shave was the soap), so I had a nice chat since it was quiet in the store.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
There is no indication of either a year or country of manufacture on the bottles or the box. The liquid volume is 115cc rather than 115ml, and that together with the similarity in bottle and cap shape to the Gillette Sun Up bottle and cap makes me think that the Gillette Spruce predates the 2005 P&G acquisition by several years.

Does anyone know any more about Gillette Spruce?

20230822_145804~2.jpg

Top Bottom