What's new

Aftershave acquisition thread

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1790755
Picked up more of my favourite aftershave balm. Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm from a place called Silly Solley’s out here in Australia. On clearance for $5.00. My work used to sell it for triple that price. Very hard to find it out here now. I think I have 11 stashed away now.
The Nivea products up my way run in waves. I see it all over the stores for a while, then it gets scarce for a bit. Very strange.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I believe this is a favourite of my friend @AnimalCatcher - a 110cc bottle of Mennen Dry Lime aftershave. This is hard to find here in the UK, but this Tester bottle is even more unusual. Interestingly it is not marked 'Skin Bracer' - perhaps to leave room for the 'Tester' text.

20240207_114533~2.jpg

20240207_114550~3.jpg

The Nivea products up my way run in waves. I see it all over the stores for a while, then it gets scarce for a bit. I recall this post, so, I scanned the shaving section at Walmart today. They have only four Nivea items in the shaving aisle. They used to stock quite a bit of Nivea products. As a career long-time retailer, it likely means one, or both, of two things...sales have dropped with the Nivea brand, or, Walmart moved on from them for some reason, such as pricing, or product mix isn't what Walmart wants. Noticed their is a sizable array of Gillette and King Gillette shaving items at Walmart now.

A second 115ml boxed bottle of Shulton Old Spice Musk For Men Cologne Lotion. A beautiful scent, I rarely used my first bottle as I could not find another, but now I have a backup 👍

View attachment 1811665

This is on my list to acquire.

Both of your examples still have caps in good condition! Nice find!

I’ve come across a few but the “foil” coating on the cap is almost always worn off, and showing the underlying black plastic.

Enjoy it!!

Thanks! Very happy with these. The Clubman had a price tag on the label. Luckily it peeled off with no issues. Such a good AS.

My 5oz Skin Bracer Sport Talc bottle had a big ol’ bright orange tag on the label that peeled off. Peeling that off was scary. Glad it worked for ya!

Top Bottom